What the Hell Do I Do Now?
Wessex and Open
Renaud Cartier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Nate Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Renaud had circled back around to his first book when Wessex entered, unseen and unheard by the young man.  When she called out her greeting, he was on his feet in an instant, knocking his book to the floor.  It was fast. In fact, it was faster than he had ever moved in his life.  He chalked his newfound speed up to his status as an Ascended, though he had not yet had opportunity to fully explore this new ability.  In fact, he didn't actually know for sure that his speed was increased at night.

The woman stood across the room from Renaud, resolute like a statute.  He was about to respond to her call, but the greeting caught in his throat when he noticed this woman's attire.  She wore what seemed to be leather armor and a long robe.  She looked like a fighter, and left Renaud feeling somewhat silly in his damaged uniform breeches.  The slash on the outer left thigh had yet to be repaired, though the skin underneath was healed.  At least the pants had been cleaned, right?

Black boots extended up to just below his knee.  His linen shirt caught the breeze, flowing somewhat romantically around his torso.  He certainly looked like a dashing young man of his time, which was to say he looked humorously out of place and unprepared for the world around him.  

When Renaud noticed that she wasn't wearing footwear, a bell rang in his mind.  There was really only one good reason a person would be traipsing around at night without footwear, assuming he wasn't looking at a completely insane person.

"You're one of them, are you not?" He called across the room to her, forgetting a greeting in his excitement and anxiety.  "Er ... one of us, I mean.  An uh - An Ascended, correct?"  He tilted his head slightly.  

"I am Renaud Cartier.  I'm ... new.  To Caido, I mean."  His knees remained slightly bent, ready to respond to an provocation or perhaps attack from this stranger.  He didn't want to assume this woman had his best interests in mind. His hands remained at about his midsection, not quite so hostile as having his guard completely up but also not as passive as to have them down by his side.

Messages In This Thread
What the Hell Do I Do Now? - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: What the Hell Do I Do Now? - by Wessex - 09-09-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: What the Hell Do I Do Now? - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: What the Hell Do I Do Now? - by Wessex - 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM