making maps and drawing shots
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Wessex, at least, seemed to think that Loren’s ideas had some merit, even if Deimos disagreed. The Launceleyn would deal with the queen first, and all the while he kept his head down as he wrote his notes. ”I’ve already stockpiled moss and cloth because I was planning to use it at the Manor. I’d be happy to distribute it to everyone before using it for the Temple and the Guild." It seemed to him that they should make the places independent regardless of their proximity, but he knew better than to voice that, so he just nodded instead. As for taking down the decision, well, he nodded again. ”Noted. I’ll let everyone know.” Wessex's distribution of personnel and resources made sense to the Launceleyn, even if he was unhappy about being placed with Remi and Ronin. As for the queen’s frustration with his magic, well, the idea had literally just occurred to him, and he’d rather prepare for the worst. If she wanted to chew him out, he would let her. Again, he wasn’t perfect, but he knew in this case, the issue wasn’t with his spells, but with the monsters. He had no idea what they were capable of.

However, it seemed he wasn’t the only one upset at this plan. He was just keeping quiet about it.

Maybe that had something to do with the fact that Deimos’ reaction to everything was vehement and far beyond what Loren had been expecting. In particular, the general seemed to take offense at what the summoner had thought about the baker and her plans. Still, he’d objected to a lot more before that. Mostly, the summoner stayed silent as the queen implored them to try the old, sure ways. The general spoke first, but the Launceleyn was quick to follow. ”Understood.”

Once she was done, Loren finally responded to the other man. ”I don’t know what magic everyone has, but I also don’t know of anyone else with life drain off the top of my head.” Still, given how quickly abilities tended to crop up and how unwilling folks around here were to part with their secrets, they couldn’t rely upon that being or remaining the case. Besides, everything else about not moving the medical equipment or the healers still held true. Finally, Loren glanced up, hoping Wessex would explain the nature of the monsters, to the general; however, he didn’t know why the queen hadn’t done it already, and wouldn’t take that chance. Still, he'd be careful about what he revealed. ”Correct me if I’m wrong, but don't the monsters have the ability to physically take on the form and voice of anyone we might know? That’s why we came up with the verbal code, isn’t it? Though perhaps we should come up with a knock as well, in case they can read.” If Wessex wanted to explain more about the proto-Ascended, she could, but peepholes would be useless, since even items that could pierce illusions wouldn’t help them identify friend from foe.

However, even that didn’t seem to be what was really bothering the general. ”And I apologize. It’s entirely possible I misheard or was mistaken about what Amalia meant, or that I misremembered. Obviously she can stay at the Guild if she's uncomfortable at the Temple.” They’d spoken very briefly, and he’d talked to a lot of people about their plans for LongNight, and he wasn’t infallible or above admitting that he’d conflated multiple different conversations. He had some vague memory of someone telling him the people would want to be able to pray, and had assumed it was Amalia, what with her devotion to the gods. However, he probably shouldn’t have spoken unless he was certain.

Seeing as he didn’t know what Deimos and the baker were to one another, the Launceleyn didn’t realize just what he’d stepped into here. However, given that he had already somehow pissed the other man off, Loren wasn't going to say anything further. Not that he had anything to add. Maybe the queen did, though, so he kept his quill poised over the page.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-23-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-23-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Wessex - 09-24-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-24-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-24-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Wessex - 09-25-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-25-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-28-2019, 02:40 PM