habits have teeth and words have knives
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
It was a fair offer but one she still wasn't sure she appreciated it fully. Krosis was the last real heirloom she had. There was her wedding ring that she now wore around her neck as well. And of course, her daggers. "I appreciate that Loren. Though I would prefer they stay with their respective inheritors, if it is alright." she said, glancing between the two men before her; calm, reasonable, showing no sign of intention to resist or fight back. She was just looking out for her children, knowing the worst might come and wishing for them to have what little she could give them.

"Boys, go get your overnight things. And Ludo's treasure box." she said to them, a hint of command in her tone. The three blonde boys hurriedly went upstairs and fetched their bags, as well behaved as one would expect a former Captain's children to be. They returned with little packs on their backs, Rhett, distinguishable by his glasses, holding a small puzzle box in his hands. Roana turned to her boys to tend to them quickly, giving them each a tight hug and motherly kiss atop their heads. "Momma has business to do so Mr. Launceleyn will take you to stay with Auntie Phoebe for a little bit okay?" she said, to which the boys quietly nodded, still eyeing the two men warily. Then she removed the necklace with the ring from around her neck, and placed it over Jax's head, the bauble hanging close to his slightly chubbier belly. In Rhett's pack, she placed a small satchel which held her daggers. As for Cormac...well...Krosis was a bit large for a 6 year old to carry. So as she straightened, she loosened the blade from her hip and held it out to Loren. "Thank you." she said to him softly.

"If I might watch them go?" she said softly to Deimos, glancing at him. She didn't want them to see what was going to come next.
I am lost to those I thought were friends
they pretend that they don't see
It's one miss step, one slip, before you know it
and there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed

Messages In This Thread
RE: habits have teeth and words have knives - by Roana - 10-06-2019, 08:51 PM