A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN)
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
I believe that the darkness reminds us where light can be
Phoebe raised a brow now at Oliver, a little taken aback by him pushing back on what she had to say. She folded her hands in front of her, brow furrowing slightly. ”You’ve asked me to explain the nature of the gods to you, and I have, but you protest the explanation because you don’t like its simplicity. Do you actually want me to answer your questions with truth or soothe your hurt pride with falsehoods?” she said a bit sharply, truly chastising the fair-haired young man now. She wasn’t much older than he was, but she felt ancient compared to the immaturity he was displaying.

”I’ve said once already that it isn’t about being good enough, or bringing something grand, or having some exceptional attribute. The gods look favorably on those who commit time and care in spite of being ignored. I pray to Frey and bring them offerings weekly, sometimes more, and they only visit me twice a season or so. My connection with them has been built over a year of care and trust and faith in their grace and guiding hand. To think you somehow deserve to see a god in a world you just entered because you’d like to question them or seek an easy path ahead is foolish, narcissistic, and will only lead to bad things.” she said in an almost disappointed motherly tone to Oliver. Pim nodded his head sharply, as if in agreeance.

”Of course I think it possible that someday the gods will reveal themselves to you and Abasi, but so long as that is your attitude towards the divine, Oliver, I suggest you focus more on finding confidence in your own existence. The gods have little patience for easily bruised egos.”

She was being harsh, she knew that, but she would rather hurt Oliver’s feelings and pride than let Frey teach them the same lesson – she was by far the more merciful of the two.

Her honeyed gaze turned back to Abasi as he grumbled. At least for him she could extend some empathy. To feel so rejected despite having done nothing to deserve it would be difficult – and a much different perspective than simply wishing to see a god for the sake of it. ”I can understand that would be a difficult position to be in. My home had no gods, and when I came here they were not patient with me learning the ropes of worship and faith.” she said. So though she was not Abandoned like him, her favor had had its own setback. ”But I think acting in spite would only serve to worsen your situation, wouldn’t it? Would you not be better served by trying to prove your worth to them? It isn’t unheard of for the gods to warm to someone with magic. In fact, I recall Ludo attending Fiat Lux last year with an Abandoned girl. And Frey once blessed an Abandoned woman…and Safrin gave an Abandoned man the gift of being Attuned.” she said with an encouraging smile to Abasi. It wasn’t a life sentence of being hated and ignored. It was simply a hurdle to overcome.

”Frey is the deity of sex, fertility, and passion, and they appear to humans as whatever they find most sexually attractive, and being in their presence is arousing, yes.” she said with a nod. ”However, Frey does not require any sort of sexual experience with them. I give them fruit regularly as my offering, and though they might tease me a bit, consent is important to them. Beauty, joy, pleasure, growth and life – these are the things they value most. Sex is just a component that is the avenue they happen to find most efficient to achieving these things.”
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Abasi - 10-17-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Phoebe - 10-17-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Abasi - 10-17-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Phoebe - 10-17-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Oliver - 10-17-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Abasi - 10-17-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Phoebe - 10-17-2019, 11:26 PM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Oliver - 10-18-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: A New and Brighter Birth (OPEN) - by Abasi - 10-18-2019, 02:58 PM