i think i’m okay
Deimos and Hotaru!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HOTARU
Deimos' wink inspires a crinkle of her nose, a mischievous little smile, little reactions of sincerity that she can't control. There is no need for guards, walls, and fortresses here. Not ensconced among the warmth of her family. His teasing only makes her laugh softly, conscious of her decibel even now at her most comfortable. Silence was a friend of hers, but it doesn't make it any easier on her nerves to have it enforced.

Kiada's eagerness and amusement however does nothing to conceal Hotaru's crinkled brow and pervasive worry at the contents of her words. They had disappeared? "You know I'm going to have far more questions about this disappearing Kiada, but continue." If Rexanna and Amalia - from what she knew of the woman through Deimos' reluctant spill at his dinner table - are not enough to remind her of her value, of how much she would be missed if she was killed, then Hotaru will be that iron-clad reminder. Hotaru had scolded the girl plenty in her youth, taking her aunt duties seriously even as she reminded Kiada every time that her love would never waver no matter what errors Kiada made. It seemed she'd have to impress the importance of self-preservation on the young woman again. Not that it ever seemed to stick with her.

But then Deimos is taking over, and Hotaru feels like time is slowing as she turns to look at him, something bare and wanting in her gaze. Starved, homesick. And though she knows they'd never lie to her - and certainly not about this - she can't help but be terrified that it's all some kind of joke. The Basin, the mountains, it had been home for her in ways they would never understand. Freedom from her oppressive loneliness, her absent family. She had left as soon as the Grey had taken over land, and no other place would ever be home. Not to her.

And they may not be her mountains, but she'll be damned if anyone else takes them either. "I can't believe it," she whispers, voice choked. Brings her hand up to her face, hides her trembling lips and tries to conceal how this news has shaken her. Hope, grief, a pressing, insistent desire to get out there and find it immediately. Except it's apparently guarded, which is something Hotaru can latch onto and focus on. "Well I've heard they're not exactly fans of us, but what lies beyond that portal is likely not their land, even if the portal itself is in their realm." Already her mind spins with machinations, plots and plans that bring a glint to her eye. Ah, isn't this familiar? It's like they never even left home. A slow-spreading grin crawls over her face as she turns to Deimos. "Sounds like we're gonna have to do some investigating." She would find her way to those mountains or die trying.
so everything you thought you knew, like no one being there for you
just trust me that it isn't true
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
i think i’m okay - by Kiada - 10-17-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Deimos - 10-17-2019, 11:40 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Hotaru - 10-19-2019, 12:19 AM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Kiada - 10-19-2019, 12:46 AM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Deimos - 10-19-2019, 11:04 AM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Hotaru - 10-20-2019, 10:07 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Kiada - 10-20-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Deimos - 10-20-2019, 10:58 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Hotaru - 10-21-2019, 06:34 AM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Kiada - 10-22-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: i think i’m okay - by Deimos - 10-22-2019, 11:14 PM