open
Meriel Iarralei

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Rayo Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
M E R I E L

OOC | Mere wakes up for the first time in Caido and is unknowingly in her cat form, hence why everything looks so large. She thinks she's dreaming

---

Birdsong woke her, coaxing her out of a deep slumber. It was the best she'd slept in months, and she was loathe to force herself out of her nice, warm bed. Surely the gods would allow her five more minutes; certainly the palace rumor mill would spare her just this once. But even as she longed for it, Meriel knew that it wasn't true. If she was but five minutes later rising than usual, the gossip would start, and she couldn't afford to be at the center of attention. Not for the first time, she wondered why court wasn't named for the viper's nest that it was. But, viper's nest or no, lazing about and whining about it wasn't going to get her anywhere. Meriel yawned, arching her back and stretching her legs out in front of her. Then, hesitantly, as though she could prolong her time in bed by moving as slowly as possibly, she opened her eyes.

And leaped immediately to her feet.

She was not in her bed. In fact, she wasn't even in the palace. A glade of remarkable beauty lay before her, full of lush, natural splendor. She had been laying on a bed of moss, tucked in the shadow of a rather large tree. In fact, she realized as she looked around, her mouth gaping open in awe, everything was rather large. A fern frond that had acted as her blanket was larger than she was, and even the bushes positively towered over her. She was overcome with several emotions all at once--awe, confusion, excitement, fear--and, for a moment, it was all she could do to simply stand and breathe.

The moment passed, of course, as moments tend to do, and Merial found herself wandering from the safety of her mossy, fern-covered bedroom into the magnificence of the glade. Everywhere she looked, a lush, green carpet rolled beneath her feet; overhead, a canopy of leaves sheltered her from the heat of the sun. Why, for a dream, there was an amazing amount of detail! Birds fluttered overhead, calling to one another with reckless abandon; a honeybee buzzed haphazardly past her head, larger than life and as terrifying as it was breathtaking. Meriel stared at everything with eyes as wide as saucers, trying to take everything in.

If this was a dream--and surely it was--she hoped she would never wake up.

"talk"

Messages In This Thread
don't let me drown - by Meriel - 11-27-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: don't let me drown - by Jorseval - 11-27-2018, 08:43 PM
RE: don't let me drown - by Random Event - 11-27-2018, 11:12 PM
RE: don't let me drown - by Meriel - 12-13-2018, 04:03 AM