don't let me drown
open
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

J O R S E V A L

Jory was in one of his favorite spots: tucked up in one of the larger trees in the glade and enjoying the splendor of the Caido at its best. One of the tree’s lower branches (about shoulder-height to him standing) was broad enough that he found he could lay on it quite comfortably and so he lounged, letting his feet swing haphazardly off the side, and listened to the lazy sounds of nature around him.

The priest was in the process of wondering if he should take the rest of the day to go into the Settlement. He’d heard rumors of outlanders, which had a common story growing up but had been popping up entirely too often as of late to be entirely dismissible. If true, he mused, these happenings would surely be some godly business and worth sticking his nose into. He just didn’t feel quite like going yet; as that would mean remembering where he’d put the rest of his clothes. Not that he’d mind waltzing into town in just his trousers, but it wouldn’t doo to leave the rest of his things just lying about in the forest where anyone might happen upon the and take them. Remembering that he had in fact already done just that elicited nothing more than a shrug. What'’ done is done after all, and he resolved he’d go tomorrow.

A small rustle had him perking up, and Jory turned his head to see a little cat creeping through the dappled sunlight of the glade. He sat up, drawing one leg up while the other swung lazily out in front of him and watched the little creature for a moment. It was very… well—spotty. Spotty and entirely unlike any stray mouser he’d seen lurking around the Settlement. It didn’t seem to be acting like one either. He’d never seen a cat that he could have described as starry-eyed before, and it didn’t seem like it was on the hunt so he called out in a teasing manner: “Let’s not pussyfoot around it, little puss. If you’re going to be in the God’s Glade you should show your real face, it’s only respectful after all.” If it wasn’t a fellow shapechanger it would probably only scamper off and no skin off his back.

A boy with a coin he crammed in his jeans
Then making a wish he tossed in the sea
Walked to a town that all of us burn
When God left the ground to circle the world

Messages In This Thread
don't let me drown - by Meriel - 11-27-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: don't let me drown - by Jorseval - 11-27-2018, 08:43 PM
RE: don't let me drown - by Random Event - 11-27-2018, 11:12 PM
RE: don't let me drown - by Meriel - 12-13-2018, 04:03 AM