My Leg!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
The good news: bartender had retreated after helping transport Bastien. The bad news, which was a much longer list: Rexanna had ventured outside for reasons unknown then been abandoned by her husband, Loren’s healing magic didn’t work on Ascended, and Bastien was following up on going outside and then leaving his wife with another spectacularly bad idea. The summoner really wasn’t in the mood for more stupidity. ”I hope you didn’t give up on Rexanna out there at the first sign of difficulty like you apparently expect me to give up when my first spell didn’t work. Let me do my job.”

Okay, maybe that was counterproductive, but he was scared for his friend, worried about his magic, and nervous about the wound. Ascended usually healed quickly on their own, so the injury must be bad if it was enough to overcome their natural regeneration. However, bedside manner and all that. Thankfully they were alone: he lowered his voice so no one could eavesdrop. ”Please don’t pray. I don’t want to cause a panic. Just let me work. I promise I’ll patch you up.” There’s been enough unrest regarding The Voice because of the blight and the LongNight monsters, and he knew there was more to come with this mysterious portal to Halo. The goddess’ presence wouldn’t be welcome, though it was interesting that she could presumably manifest at will even during this dark week. Hey

Picking up a nearby pad, he pressed down, hoping to stem the leaky fluid while his mind frantically searched for another solution. While his thoughts were otherwise occupied, his mouth asked all the questions that were on the tip of his tongue. ”What possessed you to go outside? What happened out there? Why did you leave the door unlocked? Did you and Rexanna come up with a code in case you were separated before you left the Temple?” That seemed like a good start. While interrogating a patient was probably against the rules, the summoner was a student and this felt like an emergency, so screw the rules.

Alright the pad wasn’t working and again, student, so his paltry training in field medicine hadn’t prepared him for this. Which was why he went back to his magic. His healing didn’t work. But there were creatures that could heal things he couldn’t, though he didn’t know if that applied to Ascended. And he could summon creatures that were basically the real deal. It was definitely worth a shot.

Which was why he removed his hands and the pad from Bastien’s wound. Simultaneously, the Launceleyn’s brow furrowed as a full sized unicorn popped into being next to him. It lowered its head, and its horn shimmered and glowed as it touched the Ascended’s leg; immediately the torn flesh and muscle started knitting closed. Loren felt a savage grin forming as he let out a triumphant and joyful whoop. Magic, one: Ascended wounds, zero. Now if only he could skip the middle-unicorn in the future. However the happiness didn’t last long, since he still had an enormous mess to clean up with Bastien and Rexanna.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 09:31 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-19-2019, 02:25 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-20-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 07:55 PM