My Leg!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Alright, fair, the comment about Rexanna had been a bit too much. Fear and anxiety made Loren sharp and a bit harsh—though he was genuinely annoyed that Bastien had abandoned his wife—but that was no excuse for what the summoner had said. ”I’m sorry. That was uncalled for.” He was legitimately contrite, though his voice still held a bit of an edge to it. ”I’m just worried.” That came out softly. Presumably the Ascended would understand.

While the summoner wasn’t expecting much from Bastien at this point, a little bit of thanks for pulling off the unicorn healing trick would’ve been nice. The creature’s horn stayed near the wound until Loren was sure the spell had run its course. Having the unicorn step back, he knelt and examined the tendon as best he could. ”How does it feel?” It looked a little tender, still, but the Launceleyn wasn’t an expert. Still, the spell was incredibly useful, though it was a bit elaborate since he could only have one summoned creature out and this type of healing couldn’t easily be done on the go. Maybe, just maybe, though, there was a way to get past those problems. As he awaited the Ascended’s response, the Launceleyn focused all of his energy and attention on the horn.

However, he was distracted by the explanation about what they’d been doing out there in the first place. They wanted to go talk to the monsters. For a brief moment, the Launceleyn closed his eyes and prayed to uncaring gods for patience and for the safety of those who were out there, trying to negotiate with beings that were actively trying to kill them all. ”What were you hoping to accomplish by talking to them? And is it just Rexanna and Sam out there?” Hopefully they were looking to do something more than ‘to see if we could.’ Although it sounded as if Bastien might not have many answers, if red-head was the ringleader and had been the one to invite the blue-eyed woman along.

If Rexanna came back, Loren was going to have a long chat with her about taking unnecessary risks and endangering others. If. He tried not to dwell on that if. Luckily, there was a convenient target for his tension, sitting on one of the infirmary cots, injured. ”No. You have to lock or bar the doors from the inside. They were open, because you didn’t tell anyone you were leaving. Anything could’ve gotten in.” Just because he’d knocked and hadn’t tried to enter didn’t mean that the doors weren’t unlocked. However, it seemed that this whole operation had been thrown together sloppily and hastily; the Launceleyn gritted his teeth when Bastien admitted they hadn’t come up with any ideas about what to do if they were separated. ”Better start thinking of some tough questions now then.” And the summoner would do the same.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 09:31 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-19-2019, 02:25 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-20-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 07:55 PM