My Leg!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Rexanna might’ve been able to take care of herself under normal circumstances, but LongNight was the exact opposite of normal circumstances. And when the blue-eyed woman came back without eyes (assuming she came back) maybe her husband would understand that. However, arguing that point would probably not be worth it, so Loren just grunted in acknowledgment. He could understand Bastien needed everything he could not to fall into despair. The Launceleyn was so deep in that pit that he sometimes forgot what it felt like to simply be happy.

Perhaps hospitals should be staffed with unicorns. The Ascended wasn’t going to get any argument about that either. Unfortunately, there weren’t enough unicorns to go around: the summoner turned to his creature, regarding it carefully. ”I’m the only one who can summon mythical creatures.” And only a few had bonded the creatures, as far as he knew. However, his magic had evolved, somehow, in a way he didn’t quite understand. Maybe it was time to make that work for him.

Focusing as intently on his summons as he could, Loren tried to recapture the feeling when the Spark Bird had left its feather. How desperate he’d been for something more than he currently had. Anything, any weapon, any tool that could help them. Then shifting all his attention to the horn, he dismissed the rest of the unicorn.

And miracle of miracles, while the horse disappeared, the horn remained, hovering in the air for a glorious and beautiful moment.

It started falling to the ground immediately, but he caught it with his telekinesis. Letting out another triumphant cry, he turned to Bastien excitedly. However, the Launceleyn’s joy was short lived, as the Ascended went on to talk about the dumb chain of events that had convinced them to go outside; the Launceleyn tucked the horn into his belt as he listened. His eyes furrowed as Bastien went on. It was true the monsters were once Ascended. However, everyone seemed pretty sure there was no reasoning with them. Only hiding, and, as a desperate last resort, fighting.

Unfortunately, there was nothing more to be done here. Standing up, the summoner sighed. ”Alright. We’ll talk about this further once Rexanna is back. In the meantime, I’ve done all I can for your leg.” Hesitating for just a moment, he held out his wrist for Bastien. ”I’ve offered to let all the Ascended drink from me during LongNight. I have healing and summoning, along with a few other tricks.” Bastien had seen Loren’s telekinesis already. If the Ascended chose not to drink, however, the Launceleyn would likely depart, having done all he could here.

All that was left was to pray for Rexanna and Sam.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 09:31 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-18-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-18-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-19-2019, 02:25 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: My Leg! - by Bastien - 10-20-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: My Leg! - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 07:55 PM