it was a graveyard smash
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
With a final mental twist, the nails were firmly embedded. Letting go of the brackets, Loren bent to pick up the plank and slide it into place. Only then did he turn to face Wessex. He probably should’ve responded to her instructions sooner, but they all had a job to do, and no one else stepped up to do it. If someone had, maybe it would’ve actually worked. However, if she’d meant to ask him about his life choices in general and not his current actions, she really should’ve been more specific. ”I know. But we're short on hands." Indeed, the people she'd drafted to help with LongNight guarding were nowhere to be seen.

Still, he wasn't looking for an argument. "I’ll sleep now. I’d rather not take mind-altering substances, though. I have a bad history with people messing with my head.” Indeed, being tortured with illusion magic made him unwilling to take medicines that would affect his mental state. Maybe that was an extreme reaction, but he tended to have those. His reaction to LongNight was similarly over the top, he knew, but better that than he underestimate what they were facing.

Unfortunately, there were very few people in the Temple who were actually doing anything to ensure their continued safety. If the queen was concerned about his health and well-being, though, she’d picked a weird time to show it; crossing his arms, he gave her a considering look, before dropping them to head towards the main part of the Temple. Sleep sounded good, especially if he was just going to get another lecture about how poorly he was taking care of himself. He knew that. But better he run himself ragged than people die because he didn’t do everything humanly—or inhumanly possible, given his magic—to keep them alive.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
it was a graveyard smash - by Loren - 10-19-2019, 03:27 PM
RE: it was a graveyard smash - by Wessex - 10-20-2019, 12:31 AM
RE: it was a graveyard smash - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: it was a graveyard smash - by Wessex - 10-20-2019, 02:20 AM
RE: it was a graveyard smash - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 03:57 AM