Random Event sticks & stones to break your bones
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Alright. Enough. Wessex was in charge, sure, that was so awesome of her, yay. But that didn’t make her fucking right all the time. It just meant she’d been in the right place at the right time, and no one else who wanted the job had been at all suitable. In fact, they'd elected three leaders because they didn't trust having just one in charge. But even a queen couldn’t act as she wished all the time and expect people to hop to without getting a chance to voice their opinions. Indeed, Wessex would do well to remember the lessons of the first queen of the Hollowed Grounds: Zariah had probably started out similarly, making demands of everyone all the time instead of the occasional request, and the people had rebelled against her. Indeed, Loren was getting pretty close to mutinying.

Which was why, while the supposedly infallible Wessex stood around and did jack shit, the summoner kept helping Lusea and Sunjata barricade the out door as best he could. The Launceleyn grabbed another stool, adding it to the growing pile of furniture. So far, nothing had come at them, but he kept a tight grip on his magic all the same. Astra stayed at his back, her eyes wide, darting around as if she could spot something they couldn't.

Sunjata spoke first, but Loren was right on the other man’s heels. ”I have no fucking idea. Maybe because I used magic to put it together. But stone and wooden walls kept them at bay for centuries, something you and the other Naturals drilled into my head. If that’s going to fail us now, we’re all dead. But we have to assume they’re not all powerful, and obviously your heartbeat panel failed, so I’m going to go back to basics and put together this barricade with my bare hands.” The queen could issue all the commands she wanted. However, she was in the wrong, here. Even if she wasn’t, Sunjata and Lusea showed no signs of leaving, and the summoner wouldn’t abandon them.

It might've been his race, but it wasn't his way. Besides, the monsters could be fought. Which meant they could be stopped. And they were most certainly stronger together than they were apart.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: sticks & stones to break your bones - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 01:10 AM