raise some hell before we ghost
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's a fire starting in my heart
reaching a fever pitch
Lusea’s reaction to his juggling drew another smile from the Launceleyn. ”Glad I’m entertaining. I think you already got the grand finale, though.” It would be hard to top burning down the Rathskellar, he figured. As she and Sunjata got affectionate and whispered sweet nothings to each other, though, Loren just took another pull from the bottle. He couldn’t blame the two of them, but his eyes watched them with a veiled expression.

Mostly, he felt a little bit jealous as he saw how close they were, though he was still basically happy just to have gotten through the ordeal. Everything else was secondary to that. ”I wouldn’t know.” Indeed, none of the summoner’s partners lasted long enough to move in. Abasi didn’t count, since one kiss a partner did not make. However, Loren’s voice came out wryly rather than upset, so small victories. ”Oh dear. You gotta whip him into shape already, before he starts clawing up the furniture and leaving you dead animals as presents.” While he might not have much experience with relationships, he had lots of experience with animals.

At the mention of Sunjata kissing Safrin, the Launceleyn’s eyes widened. However, Lusea beat him to the punch: she chewed the other man out, and while she did the summoner took another sip. Even though Sunjata probably deserved it, Loren figured he should help the other guy out. Bros before hoes, as they might say in another world. Besides, the Launceleyn had the perfect interjection. ”Me.” He made sure his voice came out teasingly, though it was true. He was just trying to prevent a fight with a ridiculous comment and a distraction.

However, he wasn’t done. If they thought kissing was bad, wait till they heard about Frey. ”Hey, a god jacked me off once and then another time had me fuck myself. Consider yourself lucky it was just a kiss.” That always got people’s attention. The few people he’d told, that was. He paused, bottle halfway to his lips and chuckled. ”Or maybe not. It was pretty fucking nice. Nice fucking rather. So maybe I'm the lucky one.” With that, he took yet another drink of the already much lighter bottle. Although the summoner knew he was drinking too much, too fast—especially since he’d barely touched alcohol for a year—he felt the situation called for it. Besides, Lusea and Sunjata had said shitfaced, so Loren may as well do it right.

Well. Apparently all was not well in the paradise that was Sunjata and Lusea. Beyond the Phoebe thing, even. Lusea’s expression and comment just caused the summoner’s eyebrows to raise. ”Seems fair to me, but I’m shit at relationships.” So probably shouldn’t take advice from the Launceleyn. Nor would he recommend new nicknames. That seemed like Lusea’s job. At least the awkward conversation wasn’t about Wessex or his family anymore; while tension was never fun, it was far preferable when it happened to other people. Though the Manor, of all things, did come up, which prompted another swig. ”Nah. Then people would’ve been bitching to me about my cousin the whole time.” Instead of bitching at him about literally everything else, that was.

At the other man’s compliment, Loren tipped his bottle in acknowledgement. As Lusea leaned forward, however, Loren’s breath caught in his throat. Or maybe it was the question she posed to him: what kind of person was he? The truth was, he didn’t know. Not the sort of person who caused rampant property damage, or who kissed near strangers in public, but he’d never really known who he was. And that was probably his biggest problem, beyond putting others before himself.

”I’m not sure, really, beyond someone who gets things done.” The wrong things, sometimes, but no one could deny that he was a busy little worker bee. ”But I’d like to find out.” He’d been changing a lot since he’d come back—and before then, as well—and he’d realized that part of the problem was that he’d always defined himself in relation to someone else, something else, and never just figured out who he really was. It was past time to start, though maybe not in the buzzed and tipsy glow he was currently basking in.

Then Lusea got up from Sunjata’s lap to come sit next to the summoner, and he gulped at how close she was and at her question, eyes flicking to the other man. The Launceleyn had no idea how he’d gotten here, but he couldn’t honestly say to himself that he wasn’t enjoying himself. Between the booze and the company (who seemed to like him for just being him, no strings or drama) and the near death experience, he was feeling positively giddy. Perhaps that’s why he turned towards his whole body towards her before he spoke. ”I think…” He had to swallow, throat suddenly dry. ”I think you should let him know what it feels like.” Then again, he was drunk already and shit at relationships, so his advice was almost certainly terrible.
and it's bringing me out the dark
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
raise some hell before we ghost - by Sunjata - 10-20-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Lusea - 10-20-2019, 07:58 PM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Loren - 10-20-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Sunjata - 10-20-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Lusea - 10-21-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Loren - 10-21-2019, 01:28 AM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Sunjata - 10-21-2019, 01:47 AM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Lusea - 10-21-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: raise some hell before we ghost - by Loren - 10-21-2019, 03:06 AM