the lies we tell ourselves
Open!
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DANTE
There was a lot for Dante to take in. Hardly keeping up with talk of magic, something he'd only ever heard about in fairytales, most of it goes over his head despite being intent on listening as Evie speaks. It didn't seem fair just as Evie said and obviously struggled with, to be given such a title at birth. Without even a chance to prove themselves to the gods that were held in such high esteem but to be tossed aside without a second thought. If these gods were anything like the ones back home... Well, they may not be benevolent but didn't they have a say in their creations? Weren't the 'Abandoned' just as much their children as the others?

He's long past the stage of being surprised at Evie's apparent use of magic, though aside from the hair on the back of his neck standing on end, nothing that she laid out in front of him surprised him. New world, new rules.

Or something like that.

Dante doesn't speak for a long while (probably the longest since arriving in Caido) as Evie verbally processes her thoughts and explains more of this unknown land, and for once his hands are still. He doesn't fidget, only leaning forward to right the plant that she's flung after the fact, and though wide-eyed and admittedly startled at the outburst, he remains silent. His smaller hands scoop the soil back into the pot, patting the dirt back into place. And if the plant begins to wither at his touch, he doesn't notice.

"I think that's stupid. What kind of parent would call their kid something like that? I think it should be called..." He doesn't speak until he's safely tucked back against her side, leaning up into the hand ruffling his hair. And though he feels a bit like a dog at their master's side, it doesn't stop the smile spreading on his lips at the soft touch of affection. "Gifted. I don't think you could be anything else with how much you've helped. Not just me but these plants too. Who else can do that?"

"Okay, maybe these gods can do that but they don't call them abandoned." His nose wrinkles as he scrunches his face up in thought, still cradling the small plant in his lap as he rests against Evie.

& the moon is the only light we'll see
no, i won't be afraid

Messages In This Thread
the lies we tell ourselves - by Evie - 10-21-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: the lies we tell ourselves - by Dante - 10-28-2019, 07:55 AM
RE: the lies we tell ourselves - by Evie - 10-29-2019, 01:28 AM
RE: the lies we tell ourselves - by Dante - 11-09-2019, 04:44 AM