on the digestive nature of tangleweeds
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
so hold my hand & i'll walk with you, my dear
“That’s such a long time!” Unlike Oia, you find this assignment incredibly exciting. “What d’ya imagine it did to the things living here? Are they totally different species now? What sort of adaptations would they need to last so long in such an enclosed ecosystem?” To live somewhere so hostile and still manage to grow is amazing, and you feel a swell of pride for the life that persisted inside the dome.

Kneeling in the grass next to your twin, sit down, cross-legged, in the barren scar of earth. The melting snow doesn’t bother you overly much: it’s what’s underneath that you’re trying to reach, the new life that pushes on the frozen earth. It’s so very empty, so dead and decayed. One of your hands rests on the dry side, the other in the lush, and while your twin takes samples and writes notes on what is, you focus on what could be.

Closing your eyes, you exhale deeply, feeling for the life in the ground around you. As you do grasses begin to sprout, long and nourished on one side of the scar, drier but still trying, and you admire it for that, cheering it on. “There ya go, you got it!”

You’re so caught up in the grass’ success that you almost miss Oia’s question. “Oh yeah! We should probably find, um, like a city center? And whoever’s in charge? To let ‘em know why we’re here and see if they need any help n’stuff.” You have thought about this, as much as you think through any of your plans. Better to start out on the right foot, because it’s easier to help people when they know you’re offering.
Kaimana

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the digestive nature of tangleweeds - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 04:06 AM