on the digestive nature of tangleweeds
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
OIA'I'O
and i asked myself about the present:

You tilt your head trying to catch any sort of sound coming from the creature. However there seems to be nothing at all. No bellow to try and intimidate Kai, no croak of fear. That in itself is interesting, but not nearly as interesting as the way its movement is suddenly arrested and then reversed.  Writing frantically to try and record as many of these details as you possible can, you hardly notice that rather than halting its retreat from Kai once it is a sage distance away (possibly stopping to then regard him and see if the gesture was indeed meant to be aggressive, as some other animals were wont to do), it continues towards you.

You look up, no fear or urgency in your blue stare. "Freeze." You tell it, and, it does. Hanging in midair, the time around the tangleweed stopped where it was, you move yourself a foot or so to the right, before nodding at the tangleweed. Time unstops and it goes whirling by. You note all of this, recording how long it takes before the amalgamation of sticks notices that you are not before it  anymore and stops.  It rolls uncertainly for a moment as if eyeing both you and Kai, before falling utterly still again.

"Low sentience." You observe, calling out to Kai before pulling the tangleweed still slowly trying to digest you from your arm. "They seem to be more reactive, than thoughtful."

how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the digestive nature of tangleweeds - by Oia'i'o - 11-01-2019, 03:05 PM