Not So Simply Divine (Open)

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

the devil is not as black as he is painted

Being lectured by a mortal?

Oh no, no, no.

As Elyna spoke, it only reinforced what the goddess already believed to be true about her. Elyna was blunt as any instrument, and thus not particularly sharp. Assumptions were boring, lectures were boring, and Elyna was boring.

Could she elaborate? Sure.

Would she?

Why?

That was one of the first questions she'd asked Elyna, and though the woman had provided all sorts of answers, Safrin hadn't really hard any that interested her.

"Because your wants, needs, and desires are the interesting parts of you, little one." Safrin said with a dismissive shrug. Strength? Speed? Hah. Safrin could snap her fingers and give Ely those traits in spades. But the human bits of mortals were the interesting bits. Maybe she'd been foolish herself for thinking she'd find any trace of humanity in an Ascended.

As the lecture continued, Safrin yawned shaking her head. "No darling that's where you're wrong. I need nothing from you and am not obligated to you in any way. I owe you no further explanation. It is you who has the questions simmering in your mind and I who has the answers. You can be as displeasing as you like little one, but you'll find nothing of what you seek in me then."

"She who you seek does not exist here." Safrin corrected with a slight narrowing of her eyes. "All you have is us, darling." The deity purred, dropping her hands to her sides. As Elyna continued in what was probably meant to be some misguided attempt at trying to force her hand, or position Ely's bad behaviour as some how more excusable because Safrin hadn't done what the mortal had expected, the goddess merely sniffed.

"Enough with the dramatics and the anger and this whole routine. Even your language betrays you. A please would have done wonders little one. Perhaps you'll remember your manners next time. This charade may work among your kind, but you'll find it holds no water with me or mine." Safrin rather liked doling out information as it was. Did the information usually suit her purposes? Why of course it did. Even so, there was much she might have told the little bug if only she'd tried honey before the spear.

Why waist anymore of their time? Indeed.

"As you say." With a sound like the flapping of drapes, Safrin was gone and the room was restored to its previous soft ambiance.

Messages In This Thread
Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-28-2018, 03:54 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 08:21 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 08:35 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-30-2018, 06:02 PM