twilight crawling through windowpanes
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
The description of the old magic he used to have is something completely foreign to her, she can scarcely imagine a world of benevolence like that. Safrin's anger, on the other hand, is completely understandable, and her eyes soften with understanding. Something she fears terribly. Something that haunts her every time she lays an offering at a shrine, more fearful of an answer than hopeful. "Benevolence is not something we get as Abandoned." Short and sweet. A reality he must face now that he has magic. Though perhaps he already knows that, if he has been in Caido for so long.

Nevertheless, she manages a weak smile for him when he promises to be careful. It's all she can ask for. "And if you're not, just come find me. I'll patch you right up." It's weak by way of teasing, weighed down by the general tone of their conversation, but it's offered sincerely. Evie has a feeling he's the type to get into trouble. Whether that's because she simply knows how far his name has traveled or a feeling she gets, it's a concern that she knows will continue to haunt her whenever she thinks of him.

Evie cannot bear to look him in the eye as she speaks of her past, even in the least amount of detail she can manage while still being truthful. Misses the expression he sends her way, the empathy that softens his face. All she can hear is the buzz in her ears when he mentions Sam, and she feels her eyes burn. Whether the tears or caused by anger or sorrow is beyond her in that moment. "No. Even now he still believes I'm an Accepted, that I was born blessed and that our parents favored me over him. Which they did, I won't deny. But only because they refused to see that I was Abandoned." It feels weird to be talking about this with someone other than Amalia, especially so frankly. But it's like she can't stop. "I've thought about telling him lately, as I've...developed new magic against my will. Which means it's growing, and it will be all the harder to hide it. But I don't think I can." He's smart enough to infer why, the gist of why they had never been close. But she lifts her eyes desperately to his, suddenly fearful. "Please, don't tell him."

Messages In This Thread
twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Evie - 11-04-2019, 06:12 AM
RE: twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Evie - 11-22-2019, 08:46 AM