tale padre tale figlio [Open]
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
That didn’t sound great, but it also sounded kind of like the leg was healing normally. Loren didn’t know, really: without his magic, he wasn’t the best doctor, he would readily admit that. It was why he was a student. While Ascended were purported to heal faster than others, apparently even they had trouble with complex injuries sometimes. ”Well, I can take a look if you’d like. I think I’m likely just to prescribe staying off of it as much as possible until its fully healed.” So not traipsing about the Sanctuary or the Hollowed Ground.

Of course, between Bastien and Rexanna, they might need some assistance. ”I’d be happy to help you and Rexanna out for a bit until you’re both healed up and on your feet.” That they would heal up was not in doubt, of course. The offer came out a bit awkwardly, but sincerely; the Launceleyn really wouldn’t mind helping the married couple out, not in the slightest. The summoner wasn’t really doing anything important at the moment. Now that LongNight was over, he had quite a bit of free time on his hands, and was mostly left to his own devices.

Besides, it seemed like the sort of thing a friend and a good person would try to do.

He might have to get used to compliments from Bastien first, though. ”She could take me in a fight, I’m sure. But thank you. I...am not used to having my magic seen as something to be praised.” For a while, Loren had been very weak, especially compared to his family, which had elevated strength above almost any other virtue. He’d been tortured as a result, in mind, body, and spirit. There were still others that surpassed him: Remi, Deimos, Rexanna, all came to mind. Probably Zariah too.

But that didn’t mean the summoner was weak, just weak in comparison. Unfortunately, it would take him some time for him to get used to the idea of being a strong mage. And even if he was willing to embrace his own power, it would take even longer for him to accept that others viewed him as anything but a liability. Of course, he was striving to be useful and reliable. Maybe that was why he reacted so poorly when people discounted him. Just because he still had kind of low self-esteem—and doubted himself and pretty much every decision he made—didn’t mean he wanted others to view him in a negative light. In fact, he might need them to think positively of him in order to view himself that way as well.

All of that was irrelevant to the task at hand. The wolves pulled away the barrier to expose a creature. Even Loren, with his extensive knowledge of every bestiary he could get his hands on couldn’t put a name to it. Still, it seemed harmless enough, so he dismissed his wolves as Bastien approached. The Launcelyn was more than happy to let the other man take the lead, especially as the monster (which was a very cute monster, especially to the summoner, who loved pretty much all creatures), slapped a paint covered hand against the wall.

Seemed they'd found their dastardly culprit.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Bastien - 11-04-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Loren - 11-04-2019, 06:56 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Bastien - 11-04-2019, 10:26 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Loren - 11-05-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Bastien - 11-05-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Loren - 11-06-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Bastien - 11-08-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Loren - 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: tale padre tale figlio [Open] - by Bastien - 11-09-2019, 10:10 PM