In Dreams
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825

phoebe
Phoebe listened quietly, feeling a bit ashamed as Amalia spoke so passionately. She should have felt the same. She should have been excited and invigorated by this opportunity - but she was dampened by the reality that she wasn't in any way prepared or fit to fight anything, let alone an Ascended who wanted to enter the portals. Her honeyed gaze lifted up to Remi as he tried to make a defense for the blight, her brow furrowing slightly. "Are they really so blurry, Remi? Does it really seem so likely that the same woman who warred against the Gods until she and others were trapped inside a barrier for centuries would accidentally blight the woods the second the barrier dropped? Or that the same woman may have lied to keep Sam's allegiance to her?" she said, shaking her head slightly. She loved Remi dearly, but she felt he was putting rose colored glasses on. "Regardless, even if it was an accident, the Voice did nothing to correct her mistake. Vi and Rae had to intervene." she muttered, unlikely to be swayed into seeing the good in the Voice any time soon.

Again she found herself in contradiction with her brother, and she shook her head. "I told Rexanna that the blight had to come from the Ascended and the Voice when I realized the only thing similar to the illness was Ascended fluid. She refused to believe it could be them, and I've no doubt the rest of the Ascended will act the same. They do not see what they do in the name of the Voice as wrong. They will accuse you of using old stories to hate and discriminate against them, no matter what charge or fact you put in front of them." she said, feeling frustration bloom in her chest. Her fingers gripped the tea cup she held tight enough for her knuckles to go white, an uncharacteristic frown on her lips.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't argue." she said softly to Remi after a moment, feeling the fire already fading.

"What if we compromise with the Gods?" she said at length, looking up at Amalia. "This isn't our war. It isn't even your war. It is a war between them and the Voice. Why do we not observe the happenings at the portals like gatekeepers, and simply keep them informed of what the Voice is doing. If it needs intervening, then they can do so. Then we can watch them from anywhere." she offered.
pink is my favorite color

Messages In This Thread
In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-09-2019, 11:33 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Remi - 11-10-2019, 12:00 AM
RE: In Dreams - by Phoebe - 11-10-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Amalia - 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-11-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Phoebe - 11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Remi - 11-12-2019, 04:16 AM
RE: In Dreams - by Amalia - 11-12-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-12-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Remi - 11-14-2019, 04:18 PM