Gratitude
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Mature Content Warning 
The Sanctuary. Just being here again made her tremble with anxiousness, her breath short with a fear she was forcing herself to shove down. Phoebe had told herself she would never come back but…she was too nice. Her manners too well-groomed. Or she was stupid. Maybe a bit of all of it. But as time passed from her last incident here, the more she had come to realize the truth of the situation…or her truth anyways. These gods and goddesses…they had their own natures. She wouldn’t ask a person to change their nature, why would she expect it of another being? And being as powerful as they were, these natures could awaken or affect good or bad in each of them. For a time she blamed Frey for the terror she had endured but really, they had not done anything wrong. They had been as they were naturally.

More importantly, the person who had actually attacked her was Celosia, not Frey. Frey had saved her, and it was only right that she do her best to thank them for it.

So the young midwife entered the sanctuary on her own, a tremble with fear but determined to see her task through. In her hands was a little box, simple, but effective, to keep its contents fresh. Inside were little satchels she had made of herbal teas, not dissimilar from what she might give a patient. These ones specifically were crafted with the nature of this god in mind – they were aphrodisiacs. Drinking some of them would increase one’s sexual desire, others increased stamina, others increased fertility – which she wasn’t sure was Frey’s thing but fell in line with the activities they seemed to enjoy. Phoebe had been thoughtful and taken great care with these teas, just as she would for any of her patients who needed them in their efforts to have children. That was part of a midwife’s work after all.

Once at the front of the Sanctuary and near the alter, she struggled to find her voice. Bravery was not the absence of fear, she reminded herself, but acting in spite of it. Frankly she didn’t know what to do, so she would give it her best shot. "Frey… I… I just wanted to thank you, for saving me from being taken advantage of by Celosia that day.” she said, her voice shaky with nervousness, but her gratitude was sincere and heartfelt. She swallowed and continued, ”I don’t fully understand you, or any other gods or goddesses – there were none where I come from – but I hope you will accept this gift as sign of my gratitude for saving me. I don’t know if you will like them but…this was all I could make and bring that I thought you might appreciate. I’m…I’m sorry it is so meager. Beings like yourself I am sure are more accustomed to more opulent offerings… And I am sorry if I am not doing this right… but I am truly grateful to you for your protection that day.” Phoebe set the box on the alter and took a step back, watching it for a moment. ”Thank you”

If Frey doesn’t appear, consider this a one-post thread.
Phoebe
In a gentle way, you can shake the world

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude - by Phoebe - 11-30-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Gratitude - by Frey - 11-30-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Gratitude - by Phoebe - 11-30-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: Gratitude - by Frey - 12-03-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: Gratitude - by Phoebe - 12-04-2018, 12:50 AM
RE: Gratitude - by Frey - 12-04-2018, 10:04 PM