Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone
for Rory
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Well that was the heart of the matter, wasn’t it? How? indeed.

For once, Wessex falters before him. There’s a flash of indecision, a quick glimpse of vulnerability - because she wants to tell him, she does. But what good would it do, when he shares his bed with Jigano? She cannot trust her secrets with him, she cannot know whether they’ll stay with Rory and only Rory. And that tears at her nanite-made flesh a little more than she realized. What allies, nay, what friends does she have left, outside the Ascended? Who hasn’t Jigano or Amalia gotten to?

I want to tell you, she cries out, knowing he’ll never hear her like the family can.
Gods, she wants to tell him everything.

Her lips even begin to make the words, mouth opening and closing like a stupid fish before she shakes her head.

“I don’t know… yet. There was a thing, and it fell through. I tried, Rory, I fucking tried -” Half turning from her, she runs a had through her hair and looks askance becaues some residual anger at the results of her self-proclaimed mission suddenly bubbles up. “- but there are cowards in our midst.” She doesn’t mean him, of course. Doesn’t mean him at all. “But there’s still time before this LongNight, yeah? Maybe something will change.”

Turning back to the blonde farmer, she attempts levity to dispel the heaviness she’s brought on. “Will you do something for me this year? Will you go to Torchline and be safe? Leave some of your fire here with me and go spend a week - or however long without snow.”

Will you keep my mind at ease?

"I can even pop in and say hello, if you like." And though it's utterly unexpected, there's a soft cry that echoes through the air, something that says I found you!" with delight. No more than a minute later does a black blob come flying through the trees to land on the Wraith's shoulder, its golden eyes awhirl with curiosity and affection for the demigoddess. Wessex chuckles and strokes the dragonling's head as she settles, curling her tail down and around her human's neck. It reminds her how much he's missed - this surprise, her second ascension.

Where has the time gone? She wonders absently. How can we possibly catch each other up?
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone - by Wessex - 04-28-2020, 02:15 AM