Mini Event De Rurum Natura
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
As people begin to file into the room, an easy smile comes to Nate’s face, no trace of his nervousness showing. Teaching might be new to him, but speaking was a skill he prides himself in, and the first rule of talking is to never let on when you’re lost. Though Phoebes smile and advice do help just the slightest bit.

Only one of the group introduces themselves to him, offering a hand that Nate accepts warmly, his grip strong but still friendly. ”Pleasure to meet you Loren. Please though, just call me Nate.” He didn’t need to feel old prematurely, after all. His gaze follows Loren while he goes to sit, then turns back to the door, offering muted greetings, and eavesdropping on the snippets of conversation he caught. When the trickle of people slowed to nothing, Nate stepped down the stairs, clapping his hands loudly as he went, and turning on his heel when he was in front of the desk. He took a moment to look over the gathered faces, recognizing a few, but glad to see everyone.

”Alright.” He called, making sure he was speaking loudly enough to be heard in the back, where he hoped there was one extra body listening in. ”Welcome to an introduction to germs, and the germ theory. My first class.” Nate was trying to stay animated at the front, pacing back and forth. ”Now, I’m not here to assume I know more than you, or to tell you the way you’ve been doing things is wrong.” This was specifically directed at any naturals, but it worked for anyone else as well. He just didn’t want to step on any toes before he even started anything.

There is a pause while he thinks back on his notes, but it’s only a moment before he’s speaking again. ”So what I’m going to be going over is what’s commonly accepted where I’m from, because it’s demonstrable, and there’s a clear set of rules for how it works, and how to classify things under it. But before we get into examples, and classifications, we need to actually go over what a germ is.” He was hoping that this would be helpful whether it was all new information, of simply a refresher.

”Now, germ refers to any kind of small, organic creature that can cause disease when it’s introduced into a human body. They are small enough that they’re invisible to the naked eye, but they can be anywhere, and can survive for a long time outside of their ideal environment. The other thing about germs is that they can be transferred very easily. If you’ve ever sneezed into your hand, then touched something else, you’ve moved the germs from your hand to whatever you’ve touched. Everyone understand so far?” There was no reason in getting too far along if he didn’t check in now and then.
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
De Rurum Natura - by Nate - 11-18-2019, 06:58 AM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Phoebe - 11-18-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Samuel - 11-18-2019, 05:05 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Oia'i'o - 11-18-2019, 07:09 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Loren - 11-18-2019, 07:11 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Kaimana - 11-18-2019, 10:29 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Kiada - 11-19-2019, 05:17 AM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Amalia - 11-19-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: De Rurum Natura - by Nate - 11-20-2019, 06:31 AM