Personal Quest Rock Steady
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
”Zariah doesn’t seem like the type to just let people walk away from her control,” Jigano said with a shrug to Loren’s question on where else he could be. There were plenty of possibilities for where the ex? Launceleyn man could be now, and none of them were particularly good. Luckily they hadn’t come to be, and there were newer Queens making their own problems to deal with. Zariah’s sins had the armor of distance, at least. Wessex’s were far more immediate, and Jigano stayed silent a moment as he focused on growing his seeds to help stabilize the foundations and strengthen the tower from below. No provocation, he agreed with a sigh. Unless trying to help the guardian regain its lucidity and talk to it counts as a provocation. She heard ‘no’ once and gave no other chance to talk. He glanced at Deimos, remembering seeing the big man in the Greatwood at her side when they had gone to speak to Delah. That’s probably what happened with the Fae guardians, too, he guessed. When they didn’t immediately agree to let her kill the Mathair. Speculation, but not without a basis in experience now. He grimaced, gaze flickering back to Loren. And no, she didn’t give me any warning, just launched an attack with that pulse and tried to strike me down while I was distracted with the serpent, as soon as you and Adam were gone.

The other questions were easier. He could only shrug to the first. I don’t know. It was a light… a blessing, I think. Something… almost like Ronin… He shook his head, too uncertain to know for sure when rage and fear had clouded his judgment while he lay bound. My new shape, though… Another shrug, this time carrying a bitter flavor through the Attuned bond. It should have been joyous and powerful, proud and strong, but his uselessness at protecting the serpent and how easily the Voice had subdued him robbed all sweetness from what should have been a moment of triumph. A dragon, for what little good I did.

Loren’s bear was surprisingly deft at moving stones. Maybe it was the creature’s strength or its ability to balance on its hind legs to move the stones away. Maybe it was Loren’s control over it, making sure it took the top stones first and placed them out of the way enough not to roll back. Whatever the reason, the bear worked efficiently and safely, and the pile of stones on the right began to visibly diminish faster than expected as it worked its way inwards.

The water was a little less focused, perhaps because of the topics of conversation or the amount of concentration it took to guide the bear so deftly. One of the stones he lifted with the water had been holding back a pile of rocks behind it, and as it was lifted away they came loose and tumbled towards the mage in a small cascade ranging from watermelon-sized chunks of debris to small pebbles.

Deimos’s beams grew from his magic, sturdy and at a steady pace but without hurry as they were placed to hold back further decay of the cracked and fragile walls. The first three were placed without problem, but as weight was taken off the damaged section closest to him it caused a shift in the pressures further down the wall, and a sharp crack echoed as a new fissure appeared, slowly expanding and threatening the stability of a ten-foot wide area that looked ready to crumble and collapse inwards, blocking the stairs out if it wasn’t addressed quickly.

A few hiccups on the path to progress, but nothing three strapping magic-users can’t handle… right?

No posting order!
Loren
Deimos

Messages In This Thread
Rock Steady - by Jigano - 11-18-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Deimos - 11-18-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Loren - 11-19-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Jigano - 11-20-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Loren - 11-20-2019, 10:11 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Deimos - 11-20-2019, 11:49 PM
RE: Rock Steady - by Jigano - 11-21-2019, 04:03 AM
RE: Rock Steady - by Loren - 11-21-2019, 03:17 PM