Your Obedient Servant

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid
Ingrid's eyes widened in awe as the Goddess pulled The World's Edge from pieces of her thoughts. The Lady of Stars looks through my chest and sees my heart, Ingrid marveled, her respect for Safrin only growing. And then she panicked.

She can read thoughts!
Don't.
Think.
About.
Dicks.
...shit. I mean heck!

Ingrid's mind raced to every vulgar and unpleasant place she bid it not to.

Just focus on the Moon and start talking, she told herself, hoping the goddess would forgive her.

"The lady you see in my heart is Helovia's Moon," Ingrid explained, wondering if the goddess already knew of her world from her memories. "She was the patron of my herd and home, all full of ancient wisdom. I don't think anything like her exists here, but the best way I can phrase it is that she was a unicorn with the wings of a great owl and the tail of a lion. She was very graceful, too. She had a long, arched neck and a dainty face, and when I was a horse, next to her I looked like a fat donkey," Ingrid said, grinning.

"She had elder brothers, the Sun, the Earth and the Spark, and they each had their own herd to patron. But my lady was the most cunning of the four. She was known for her silver tongue as much as she was for controlling the wind and dark, and her pure white eyes were completely unreadable... I remember seeing them once and thinking I'd offended her somehow.

I met her when our herd's Seer, an elder scholar with whom the Moon shared pieces of the future, called to her. That night, my goddess was chiding and aloof and absolutely magnificent, and she spoke mostly in riddles. But then, she told us plainly to use our minds. 'Think rationally. Emotions cloud judgement,' she said. I try my best.

I know there were some who thought she was a cruel god, even within my herd. I'm not even sure her fellow gods could tell what she was up to... But of all the gods, only the Moon welcomed everyone equally. The World's Edge would take you in, feed you and shelter you, no matter what you looked like, and that was thanks to the Moon,"
Ingrid paused. This next part would be difficult, given the escape of the new gods. But Ingrid spoke of her lady in the past tense for a reason, and it was only fair that Safrin should know why.

"A defeated 'god' from a place called The Rift tricked the people of my land into aiding his uprising and building him a body out of bones. He used his power to destroy Helovia and everything in it. To grant us safe passage through the portal, the gods, my lady, made the ultimate sacrifice, and her body dissolved into starlight so we could escape unharmed. They bound a piece of themselves to us. The ones with Helovian magic were able to keep it, but I wonder if they left a tangible mark on all of our souls...

So you see, she was not a cruel god. She loved us, and I love her still. I hope you don't think it's irreverent that I saw her starlight in yours, Lady Safrin. Starlight reminds me why I commit myself to the ancient ones of this land. I serve you now."
PR

Messages In This Thread
Your Obedient Servant - by Ingrid - 11-23-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Safrin - 11-26-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Ingrid - 11-27-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Safrin - 12-01-2019, 03:08 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Ingrid - 12-03-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Safrin - 12-06-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Ingrid - 12-12-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Safrin - 12-16-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Ingrid - 12-21-2019, 07:11 AM
RE: Your Obedient Servant - by Safrin - 12-23-2019, 03:19 PM