The Witch and the Shield
For Amalia
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Amalia's expression falters at the question, her dark eyes swiftly leaving Delphia's pale ones. "I have," she admits, alto voice soft. "Twice. Once in the Antheneum, where someone made her a shrine, and once... once on the day she was released. I... I was the one who let her out from where she was trapped in the Underground." Guilt and remorse are clear in her face, a stinging anger at herself for the foolishness of youth. She knows she cannot hold herself wholly responsible, but in the end it was Amalia who said the words. It was she who answered the mirror's puzzle, and opened the gateway for all the chaos and darkness that followed in the months to come.

How will this daughter of Mort judge her for her sins?

It is only one of the reasons that she is reluctant to take responsibility now, to volunteer for the task Delphia is clearly gearing toward. Again and again her efforts have ended in disaster and disarray; again and again she has tried and failed to serve the gods, the world. There are so many others, so much more capable- "Remi Tallisen has those abilities," the baker says quietly, not looking up. "And Jigano Silversmith. Deimos Ignatius is a strong hybrid, too. They've all done favors for Ludo and Safrin before... and they've all been into the Spire before." With me, Amalia does not add, biting her lip and looking away. She can fly, yes, but so can countless others. And unlike the men she listed, her abilities end there.
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater

Messages In This Thread
The Witch and the Shield - by Delphia - 12-04-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Amalia - 12-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Delphia - 12-06-2019, 08:57 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Amalia - 12-13-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Delphia - 12-13-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Amalia - 12-17-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Delphia - 12-19-2019, 04:50 PM
RE: The Witch and the Shield - by Amalia - 12-21-2019, 05:00 AM