On the Subject of Sin
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zariah
Zariah had been about to attend to a meeting regarding the plans for the magic school Neron had instructed her to build. But then her name was shouted through the hall, ringing brilliantly against the ice-like walls. Well. This was new. The Archmage turned to regard the woman, Ingrid it appeared, with a raised brow. She supposed she had done this to herself - she had invited her to bring issues to her attention...though she was being incredibly rude. Fingers twitched, wishing to reign down fiery hell upon the priestess, since she had asked about it.

Smile, Zariah. People are watching.

It was true, too. Maids and other palace attendants paused in their work to stare, wide-eyed as Ingrid shouted at the Archmage - the mysterious woman who had appeared in the Fangs and rose to great power over night at the behest of their Warden. The Priestess was apparently far braver than any might've suspected.

"My, this is an interesting way to greet someone. I was under the distinct impression that it was customary to say 'hello' in Halo, at the very least, upon greeting someone." she said, a fake tone of shock in her voice as she examined her pointed nails, painted a deep maroon. "And to clarify, that was three questions and multiple statements, none of which I asked for." she said, almost dismissively, pointing out the fault in the structure of her opening statement. It was pedantic, but it did make for a sorry arguement. She would've preferred to discuss this in private, but now there was an audience and wild accusations flying. Such a bother. Oh well. She'd deal with it here.

"Moreover, your source of information is inaccurate - though I would be most interested in know what and who that source is." she said, finally dropping her hand to regard the other woman. Her hazel gaze was steady, doll-like face pristine porcelain and devoid of emotion. Clearly she was unshaken by these accusations. "I was indeed one of many people who entered the Spire the day the barrier fell. I did contribute insofar as offering to sacrifice myself to open the door that led to where some aspect of the Voice was contained - a sacrifice, I might add, I was blessed for by Mort." She paused there, letting the implication hang in the room. As upset as Ingrid was, one of the high three gods had blessed her for her actions...so how wrong could it have been really?

"However, that sacrifice did not actually bring down the barrier. Ultimately an Ascended named....103? 152? Some ridiculous number, interacted with a device that destroyed the barrier, and the Number-Named Ascended." she said, crossing her arms and tilting her head as she regarded Ingrid.

"So, perhaps, because I am quite interested in your perspective, just how I have so greviously turned against the Old Gods when I have been blessed by them?"
Beautiful like a forest fire

Coding base by Sky/Odd!

Messages In This Thread
On the Subject of Sin - by Ingrid - 12-05-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Zariah - 12-05-2019, 01:34 PM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Ingrid - 12-05-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Zariah - 12-05-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Ingrid - 12-11-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Zariah - 12-16-2019, 04:44 PM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Ingrid - 12-17-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Zariah - 12-18-2019, 05:18 PM
RE: On the Subject of Sin - by Ingrid - 12-21-2019, 06:56 PM