Teachings of the Divine
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
I believe that the darkness reminds us where light can be
Indeed, Phoebe understood the more intricate and intimate nature of Frey's various appearances. But if she actually tried to explain that to her nephews, they'd be there all day. Especially with Rhett's inquisitive nature. No, for now shapeshifting was a close enough explanation, a concept they grasped. Frey changed appearances which is why Rhett didn't see a chunky belly and Jax did.

Frey's joke did make Phoebe laugh though. "While a heartbeat would be interesting to observe, I am not certain it could count as a cadaver then...and I'd probably be in trouble for manslaughter." she said, shaking her head. But the look on Frey's face, and the tone of their voice as they repeated back her words did unsettle her a bit. "Well...maybe it's stupid but...yes. Something like that." she said, clasping her hands in front of her legs. "I...I want to...I need to understand how our bodies function. It's the only way we can advance and grow and..." Phoebe bit her lip before smiling at Frey apologetically. "I'm sorry I lied a little bit...because I am only thinking along this path because of the blight. I was useless to you. I could barely understand how a cell worked much less predict how it would affect a body I only sort of understood, or how it was spread, or how to isolate it...much less whatever the Voice did to make it..."

The midwife sighed and shook her head. Unlike the times before when she thought on her failures, she did not speak of the Blight with the same sort of dismay. No, this had lit a fire under her, giving her a purpose. "We have to start somewhere. And if I'm basing things on half decomposed, disease ridden bodies, nothing will be right. Hence...the body plant."
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
Teachings of the Divine - by Phoebe - 12-11-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Frey - 12-11-2019, 09:28 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Phoebe - 12-11-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Frey - 12-12-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Phoebe - 12-12-2019, 02:48 AM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Frey - 12-16-2019, 09:19 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Phoebe - 12-18-2019, 04:42 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Frey - 12-18-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Teachings of the Divine - by Phoebe - 12-19-2019, 05:30 PM