in the wake of closed doors
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
The suddenness of her appearance is jarring, but the aura that emanates from her is as soothing as the night air that surrounds them, easing the tension that accumulates in his shoulders. He can't help but stare, having secretly not expected an answer at all, much less a proper visit from a goddess. Harper can practically envision his agnostic tendencies shattering as he gazes up at her, lost in the glow she emanates, the unearthly perfection of her kindness, her smile. Radiating down on him alongside her soft words, prompting a flush of color to his cheeks. Mixed pleasure and humility. "Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I wasn't...really sure what you would like best." Harper falters over himself as he speaks, unsure of how to properly address a celestial being. He has certainly never questioned his words so intensely before.

But then she's sitting, draped in the folds of her dress, on his level before he can even think to rise. There is less tension here as she comes down to join him, an ease that brushes away the nerves settling in knots at the base of his neck with gentle fingers. It's not a surprise that she knows his name, but the way her tone cradles it is foreign and delightful. "There's so much I don't know, it's already driving me a little mad. I don't even know what I am, what my relationship could or should be to you, but I want to. People speak of you, but only vaguely, in terms I don't understand yet. It seems like a disservice, especially if you're kind enough to spend your time answering my silly questions." Harper gives her a smile equally charming and charmed, still in a bit of a tizzy mentally over being in the presence of a literal god. Talking to one even. It feels a little blasphemous. But why has everyone been so blase about the gods? When she is here before him, willing to answer his questions, when he is nothing more than a useless newcomer ignorant to her might?

"Where I come from faith is a blind act, and mostly self-serving. But you're here, you give it purpose. You can say what you do and don't like, what you desire from us, what you stand for. How do I properly learn of you, worship you? Who do I ask, aside from you?" Again heat crawls to his cheeks at the word choice, unsure how else to ask without phrasing it in such an intimate manner. Worship. It's a new word for him to use, to enact. His sincerity is his only guiding compass. Harper has always lived on faith, even if not religiously. Faith in a brighter future, the good in others, the change one man can bring upon the world. This is only a natural progression from there, to seek her guidance, to shelter himself beneath her starlit wing and give her his devotion in return. Harper just doesn't know what he can give her, if she would deign to give weight to anything he could offer in the first place.
let your faith be bigger than your fear
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-16-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-26-2019, 12:22 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-29-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-30-2019, 07:09 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-07-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-09-2020, 07:57 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-15-2020, 06:22 AM