in the wake of closed doors
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
Her smile is like the glow of the moon cresting over the horizon, a sight he has lived seeing nearly every day of his life. Harper had been a soul of the starlight from birth, and staring into her soft visage is like meeting the embodiment of the only family he has ever known. It pains his heart, then, to see it wilt beneath his comment. "I'm sorry," he says softly, knowing it is not his fault that her followers - young, new, those who merely knew of her - did not speak of her in ways that had helped Harper to her side. Regretful nonetheless.

He knows in his own world, his mentor would have given him a dressing down to have leaned even minutely into the goddess' touch. Preached that any kind of spiritual or magical being was dangerous, that he was being seduced, manipulated. In that world, perhaps. He'd seen the rot and twist of magic, of half-gods and pretenders. But he brightens beneath her touch in contrast to all of that, sure in his heart that it's different here, as so much else is.

Already she gives him answers, and though the temptation to ask then and there to be closer to her is present, he restrains it. "Closer to all of you? Or just you?" Would she be his benefactor? Did it matter who changed him, who blessed him with becoming Attuned? As they sit there in front of each other, he finds he'd rather be hers. The embodiment of the nighttime that had raised him already. But perhaps it is foolish to be so devoted upon only meeting the first God he has ever encountered. "How can I be stronger, more useful here? Where I came from I protected people by putting away those who would hurt them, patrolled at night above the law to keep innocents safe. I have nothing here but my training, my mind, and no purpose or direction to guide me in how to continue doing that. Can you tell me anything, anything about what I need to prepare against here? How to become stronger? How to help people again?" His mind goes to Melita's enchanted weapon, to Oliver's hybrid status, to the healing magic Phoebe had mentioned. So many things that he doesn't understand, but things that make them all stronger. "And...if it's not too many questions, what do you rule over? How can I help your realm?" If nobody else will spread the word of Safrin, then Harper will take it upon himself to do so now. Surely she can tend to her own realm, but if he can help he will do so.
let your faith be bigger than your fear
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-16-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-26-2019, 12:22 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-29-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-30-2019, 07:09 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-07-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-09-2020, 07:57 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-15-2020, 06:22 AM