in the wake of closed doors
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
Harper is no swooning maiden, but his cheeks flush warm beneath the starfall of her laughter, dripping like diamonds around them. Her touch is no more than a ghost's intimate caress, dragging heat where it lingers. Giving information and teasing in equal measures. Names, objectives, places to explore and discern on his own time when the world rights itself after her presence leaves a void behind.

And then she asks if he would like to stay. He is quiet for a long moment, not wanting to give her some false or hollow answer that is not properly mulled over. "I can't say I won't miss who I knew or what I had back home. But I know I would like to stay here, in Caido." Though he wonders briefly if he is misunderstanding her question, and his spine straightens where he sits. "Are there ways to return? Or do you mean there is somewhere beyond the Hollowed Grounds you would send me?" If he cannot be of use to her directly, can't make a difference here that others are not already doing, maybe she can point him elsewhere at her discretion.

Her compliment causes a boyish, shy smile to emerge. "You do yourself an injustice, I'm sure you are more than creative enough to fashion a form for me." The flattery is like second nature to him, and though he craves to fly, to reach the summit of the sky, he knows in his heart that her insight is correct. That there are many fitting forms for him, as adaptable in species as himself.

"Ah, that explains a lot. In my home world, there was an old religion where gods were champions of certain elements or themes. I guess I shouldn't be so narrow minded," he admits with a rueful smile. "Though it's a little sad that I can't help you directly, even if you likely don't need it." It is difficult to readjust his worldview on gods and religion, to come to terms with the fact that she is not held in existence by continued belief or prayers like the Greek gods. "If I want to attune to you someday, should I come and pray? Will any other god answer? I don't know of their names." Already the temptation is on his tongue to just say yes, to link himself to her, but he refrains in favor of further information.
let your faith be bigger than your fear
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-16-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-26-2019, 12:22 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 12-29-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 12-30-2019, 07:09 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-07-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Safrin - 01-09-2020, 07:57 PM
RE: in the wake of closed doors - by Harper - 01-15-2020, 06:22 AM