i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore.
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

”Missed you too, blue.”

Ashe's lip feathered with the promise of a snarl, something surging in her blood so forcefully it hurt. She would have snarled, might have launched her attack… but he removed what he had used to hide himself from her, all things she knew she had recognized but refused to accept. And .. and there he was. Her chest seized suddenly, and fuck, she couldn't breathe as she looked upon a face she had been so damned sure she would never see again. She hated herself for the tremble that began deep in her bones, and a rogue bolt of lightning snapped across her shoulder. She knew that face as well as she had known the horrible mask that had terrorized the both of them.. the mask he had been loyal to all along. Her breath was growing harder to hold onto the longer she looked at him, at eyes that might have well been stars or ice or crystals for how clear they were. Was this that god she had angered punishing her? Was this some kind of fucked up illusion? She had left him behind, traveled through two worlds. She might have laughed again if not for the chasm yawning open in her chest.

He was here. A large part of her wasn't believing it as they regarded each other, and she was plunged back to two years ago, three, four, five, twelve. Over a decade of life with him, of lo-

She abruptly ended that thought. A lie, nothing but a lie for all those years. She had worked so hard to put it behind her, to put him and his betrayal behind her. There had been a time when she wondered if he had followed her to Northaven, in the beginning. Had he, or Harkon, or Orynth, or Teirnan? No. No the senior assassins had not gone to Northaven, but Master had. He'd ripped apart her life in entirely new ways, completing his nearly lifelong torment of her with murdering the people she cared about, terrorizing them. But at least Silver Wing hadn't followed her. She hadn't had the strength to kill him, and so at least she had left him behind.

But he found her once more. Had tracked her through entire worlds to find her.

”I know why you're mad at me.”

Lightning suddenly snarled to life along her forearms arms, crackling and dancing and condensing in her closed fists as he went on. Something cracked in her chest, and gods, she wanted to be able to hurl her lightning at him, to slam Reckoning into him… but she wasn't. He'd be dead already if she could. Pathetic. Coward. She bared her teeth at him in a snarl then, suddenly seeming so much more like the wolf beneath her skin. The wrong man? Her chest was heaving now, and her eyes burned and blurred … and as he stepped forward, Ashe hated herself for the way her foot moved back.

She wasn't going to listen to him. No, not for all those perfect lies he knew how to tell. She thought of everything he knew about her, the way he knew her. Everything she gave him. She felt that twisted, vile thing in her fester further. Idiot girl. It was why she had never allowed herself to remember him, not willingly - had his betrayal been worse than their Master's? Master had been a monster, a demon-god she had devoured herself. Silver Wing, though… she needed to run, to -

”I was not the one who loosed it.”

Ashe blinked at him in dumb shock for a moment. Did he.. honestly.. think that she would believe him? Just like that. Ashe's eyes blazed suddenly, and she flexed her hand, wishing Reckoning were within it, so desperately she felt it… she blinked, glancing down to where her lightning hummed.. in the very perfect imitation of a sword. It was not solid, but she felt it zinging in her blood the longer she held it. That was.. new.

She snapped her eyes back up at him and sneered viciously, something in her eyes fracturing at the sight of him. Right there. More self hatred for the ache in her chest. ”Fuck you!” she snarled, voice echoing in the mouth of the underground. ”You think I'm mad at you? Mad!”

Ashe tilted her head back with a very bitter, vicious grin, blinking her eyes up to the ceiling as she turned from him for the briefest of moments. The hand that held that lightning sword came up as her head dropped, her wrist pressing against her forehead. Her teeth grit as her chest heaved, and she snapped back around to face him, taking a few furious steps forward. You killed my father and you think I'm mad? Trusten Yla, black stallion shapechanger, the father she had made herself into a monster to protect. And Silver Wing killed him. The one she had trusted above all others had killed him.

She glanced down at her belongings before she shook her head, clenching her jaw. Her heart slamming in her chest, and she wanted to run. Run, and run, and run. What would Vervain of her? Of this? The man that killed her first husband, her daughter's father, and Ashe couldn't bring herself to kill him. Everything she'd done in her life, all the people she killed, the things she had done and been done to her, and and she could not kill him. Ashe swallowed through the constriction in her throat and looked over her shoulder. Into that beckoning dark. Her leg feathered, as if her carry her there. ”How is it you expect me to believe anything you say?” she snapped, and then whipped her eyes back to him. She rolled the shoulder of the arm that still held that lightning-sword she'd accidentally made. ”What are you doing here? How in the five hells did you find me, and what the fuck kind of game are you playing now, Silver Wing?

ashetta
it's live or die my way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore. - by Ashetta - 12-04-2018, 11:27 PM