i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore.
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

A gentle smile tugged at the corners of his mouth as his name practically fell from her lips the moment it was allowed to. He felt the way she initially leaned into his embrace, not returning it, but not drawing away. He didn’t need her to return it. Just moments ago, she had been ready to forget her life and disappear into perhaps one of her deepest – literally – fears. If she wasn’t ready to return a hug, he would survive.

He felt the small shaking as she stepped back. Kalt didn’t fight to keep her against him, though he had to admit it was an intoxicating feeling. He knew he missed her, but having her right there, holding her for however short of a time it was… It dragged that ache in his chest to the surface which he had worked to shove down deep enough to bury.

There was a strange feeling of solace that settled over him when she stepped away and lowered to the ground near her cloak. Why? He didn’t know. Maybe it was the likelihood of her sprinting away lowering when she was on the ground. Maybe it was just her connecting with her cloak, with her old life and him by extension. Whatever it was, he didn’t need it to be explained, didn’t want it to be explained.

His eyes remained on her, never wavering while thoughts and emotions he couldn’t yet define swirled chaotically behind them. There was a small grin on his face when she turned back to him. Kalt kept his mouth shut as her eyes searched him, and he knew what she was doing. It wasn’t difficult to figure out after not seeing each other for about two years.

He couldn’t help the bright smile that showed itself when she commented on his tattoo. Silver Wing nodded slowly with pursed lips. ”Observant as always,” he mused slightly sarcastically. ”I’ll tell you about it later, ‘kay? Not important now. Come on.” He offered her his hand and would help her back to her feet if she accepted. Part of him had a feeling she wouldn’t, but he still made the gesture.

kalt
give into the night.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't save the world if i'm not happy anymore. - by Kalt - 12-10-2018, 04:52 PM