Mini Event riddle me timbers! (Riddle Contest)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Giving the Fae a firm handshake, Loren smiled. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you as well. And I’m glad you decided to come out to the Hollowed Grounds for Fiat Lux. Do the Fae also celebrate like this during Flowerbirth?” His tone was friendly and curious in equal measure.

As they each gave their answers, Loren noted them down, along with the explanation if any:

Rexanna said dreams, because “you can dream upon the clouds, follow your dreams (imagining through sight and what not) and in battles from swords your dreams will die if you die too!”
Tarasha said light, because “light shines through storm clouds, there’s a light of my eye, and light is quenched with forging.”
Oliver said water, because “water is from clouds in the form of rain. As well, when you cry you have tears, another form of water.”

Flipping the initial scrap over, the summoner frowned at the answer. ”Huh. Apparently the answer was Safrin.” He gave them an apologetic grin. ”I don’t think I would’ve gotten that one, either, so we’re going to pretend that I actually checked all these before they got tossed in the bowl. Although now seems like a good time to mention that one of the Loreseekers is a devotee of Safrin, and I believe I heard rumors about a special library the goddess revealed, with many secret tomes.” He tapped his nose.

”However, I like Oliver’s answer, especially because water rusts iron, which is a form of death. So he gets a point and a prize.” With that, he finally reached under the stall to set a box on the kiosk’s shelf. This, he revealed the prizes:

Flower crowns and other floral adornments
Small blades with a variety of decorations on their hilts (snowflakes, dragons, fire, etc.)
Glasses with tinted lenses
Bags of various sizes and materials
Four pieces of jewelry: a necklace with an open book as the decoration, a bracelet that was shaped as a rolled up scroll, a ring that had letters on it, and two earrings that resembled blank pieces of parchment
Candy

”Take your pick. Or if this is not to your liking, I can make you something custom.” The Launceleyn waggled his fingers, before dipping his hand into the bowl for another riddle. When he saw what it was, he grinned. ”Alright, this is one of mine, so apologies in advance.” With that, he cleared his throat, then read it out:

I am the light that shines in the darkest days. Despite my strong protections, I am prey. When snow falls, your song calls me. What am I?

Oliver gets a prize and a point! You have 48 hours to respond. Again, please DM me your replies. There are two riddles left, and it’s not too late to hop into the contest.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
riddle me timbers! (Riddle Contest) - by Loren - 12-17-2019, 08:20 PM
RE: riddle me timbers! (Riddle Contest) - by Loren - 12-27-2019, 04:40 AM