there are moments that the words don't reach
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe sighed. It really would be easier to placate him it seemed, and so she took a bite of soup. One bite. There. Now he couldn't be mad.

But then he began to lecture, and usually she had the patience for such things. Just not today. Likely not anytime that week or month even. Only Frey alone could likely get away with it. "If what I wanted mattered, the first love of my life wouldn't be dead, every relative I had left wouldn't be dead, and I wouldn't be mother to five dead children." she said pointedly, looking at him with her blank expression. "I regret a lot of things. Being so harsh with Emmett, and not being strong enough for him when he needed me most. I regret how cold I was to people while blighted - moreover I regret not being helpful at all to Frey in pursuing answers about it. I regret living my life with rose colored glasses as long as I have." she said, lips pressing in a thin line.

"But I know what I am getting with this. I am getting a husband who will hate and resent me for all my days, but will still provide and protect me, and should children come of it, will be a good and loving father to them. I am getting someone who will be with me at night. A presence, a living soul just an arms reach away." she said, shaking her head slowly. "Say what you will, judge as you wish, but wanting has made me miserable, so I am settling. My reality is sad and the only constant I will ever have is Frey. I've finally accepted that."

Messages In This Thread
RE: there are moments that the words don't reach - by Phoebe - 01-04-2020, 02:02 AM