there are moments that the words don't reach
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe looked at the soulful little chipmunk, lips curving down into a frown. She actually didn't mind chipmunks, in fact they were kind of cute. Swallowing a lump in her throat, she reached out to grab the creature around its neck. The fur felt so real, the warmth of its little conjured body too lifelike to have been created by magic. For a moment she simply sat like that, staring at it, wishing it had been a bad conjuration so it was more clearly fake. But with a sudden burst of will, knowing Frey had given her this task for a reason, she pressed her thumb forward, snapping the poor chipmunk's neck. It cracked and then squeaked in alarm before it went limp in her hand.

She let go quickly, dropping the dead creature back into Loren's hand, where after a moment it dissipated. Horrifying. That's how killing it had felt.

"Thank you." she said softly after a moment, before retreating back into her make-believe Frey world.

-FIN

Messages In This Thread
RE: there are moments that the words don't reach - by Phoebe - 01-11-2020, 07:36 PM