[seasonal event] it'll be tested, this cosmic mettle
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 34 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She actually manages to stick the knife to his clothing, to press it in close enough that in a real battle she would have cut. The small victory surprises her, and for a split second she drops her guard as he kicks. She stumbles back a step, knife whipping away from his back as she works to regain her balance. He spins in that moment, and she’s a second too slow to drop her knife and get both hands on the scythe again. She can wield it one-handed to some degree, but it is not a one handed weapon and the attempt is unwieldy at best. Though she moves the scythe to block, she is too slow and off balance and instead, there is a sword at her throat.

“Yield,” she says throwing up the hand that only moments ago held a knife, fingers spread wide. The hand holding the scythe drops, letting the blade land into the dirt softly, though she doesn’t drop the weapon all together. No tricks, not in a playful fight like this one, and so he has no reason to worry. Weaver takes a step back, bends to collect her knives and sticks them back into their holsters along her belt. Slinging the scythe across her back again, she gives him a small nod as if the beginning of a bow. “Maybe someday you can teach me for real?” Though phrased as a statement, there’s a clear question at the end of her words. He’s as good, if not better, than she expected. She knows her betters, and she would learn from them if she could.

She takes another step back, clearly preparing to leave him be for now. “If you are ever in Halo, look me up. I’d be happy to show you around if you want.” She nods to Deimos, and then smiles at Zuriel, because she had not forgotten the unicorn, and turns her back to slip away into the trees, calling out as she goes, "That's for the fight and the scintillating conversation."

weaver

-- ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies --

Quote by Charles Dickens

Messages In This Thread
RE: [seasonal event] it'll be tested, this cosmic mettle - by Weaver - 01-19-2020, 07:00 PM