[se] we've a lot of starving faithful
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Throughout Amalia’s story, Loren continued his weaving. The basket took shape fairly quickly, all things considered, and he soon had the base finished. He started on the handle as the baker answered the Launceleyn’s question, and then went on to talk about how she'd failed to make up with her mother before Rishima's death.

It was only then that the summoner stilled, both hands and magic quieting. His eyes had grown distant. "It's not stupid. It's...human. Normal." Bending his head, he blinked away his own tears. "That doesn't make it hurt any less." The words carried a world of guilt.

He took a deep and shuddering breath. "Nobody's perfect. But...others are usually much quicker to forgive us than we're able to forgive ourselves. I think...if you can find it within yourself, it might be...good for you to forgive yourself for not making up with her in time." His voice was soft, words gentle.

Cautiously, as if Amalia was an animal that might spook (and because he still wasn't sure the extent of her injuries), Loren reached out to lay a hand on her shoulder. "Because, while I never had the privilege of knowing your mother, I'm sure she loved you. And I'm sure, if she was here, that's what she'd want you to do." His tone was more than a bit tentative and hesitant.

But he was pretty certain, if Rishima had been any good as a healer, that he was speaking the truth.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
[se] we've a lot of starving faithful - by Loren - 01-06-2020, 03:52 AM
RE: [se] we've a lot of starving faithful - by Loren - 01-23-2020, 03:23 PM