Personal Quest light a candle for me
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
you'll never settle any of your scores
your grace is wasted in your face
As Oia'i'o arrived, Bastien tried his best to keep his eyes from rolling; he was almost certain the Demi-Goddess had not arrived because she genuinely wanted to assist in the mourning of the townsfolk, from his previous experience of her, and he was right. "Show some respect!" He hissed to her, looking around to make sure no one passing had heard her. "The time for these kinds of questions is not here, where those mourning could overhear you. If you are here, help, or go. Do not pick at the way people grieve." Perhaps she didn't know any better, but Oia would have to learn sometime that she could not just ask whatever she wanted in any situation.

The next arrival, Harper, was at least far more respectful of the situation. Smiling at him sombrely, Bastien held out a hand to shake. "For the moment we are just waiting for more to arrive, then I will be giving out the tasks. I hope it will not be so difficult...I'd like it to be completed within the hour." After all, it wasn't designed to be permanent; just something to help assuage the immediate grief of families, to help them feel that people out there cared and remembered for their lost ones.

Deimos was not a face he'd expected see, but he was glad for him; the man's strength would be useful when it came to lifting away the heaviest of the debris in the space and he was sure that his stoic demeanour would be appropriate for the task. The final arrival, Hotaru, was welcomed with a smile and if she would permit it, a light hug for his sister-in-law.

With enough people to begin, he stood back and with none of his usual gusto, delivered the tasks to be completed: "Thank you all for coming. This will be very helpful for the people suffering losses, I am sure." (A glance directed at Oia.) "Our first job will be to make this space suitable for what I have planned. As you can see, it is..a little messy. We need to empty it and wash this wall - I have brought some water and a rough brush for it. Then a barrier, around here--" Bastien motioned his arms to show the sort of space he wanted. "So it is not damaged by passers by. And to protect it from the rain..."

He took a folded cloth out of his satchel, one waxed to be tougher against water. "I was thinking we could hang this between the two houses. I have some rope and I think if someone was willing to be on my shoulders, it might be enough height..."

--
The following things need doing:
- Wall washing
- Rocks/debris taken out of area
- Small barrier put around the spot
- Covering added from drainpipe to drainpipe to protect it from rain (feel free to PP bastien and get on his shoulders, or find an alternate way up).

No order, take whichever task you want that's left!
your boldness stands alone
among the wreck

Messages In This Thread
light a candle for me - by Bastien - 01-07-2020, 12:54 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Oia'i'o - 01-07-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Harper - 01-08-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Deimos - 01-08-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Hotaru - 01-08-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Bastien - 01-09-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Oia'i'o - 01-09-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Deimos - 01-09-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Hotaru - 01-11-2020, 01:52 AM