Personal Quest light a candle for me
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
you'll never settle any of your scores
your grace is wasted in your face
Oia'i'o was truly a master at trying Bastien's patience. In the same hushed tones, still darting his eyes around to make sure no potentially-hurt recently bereaved were nearby, he said: "Listen. How about this. If you wish, after this work is done, you can come to the guild with me and ask any question you like. We can discuss it the whole night through. But you should not speak so rudely when there could be people around that have lost children." Hopefully, that would satisfy her need to endlessly question.

At least she did seem willing to help - her barrier was not quite what he had in mind, but Bastien was not opposed to a natural aesthetic. "Could you grow flowers in this? Something white, or blue. Calm. Perhaps lilies?" He did not know if this was an unreasonable request, but she was a Demi-God, after all.

Deimos took the tarp from him and hung it as an eagle, something Bastien found himself utterly transfixed by. He wondered if it would be too odd for him to ask the man to bite sometime...Rexanna might not like it, he thought. "Fantastic, Deimos. This should keep the elements off for the time being." Though, it did seem to make the area a little dark, dingy...as much as a sombre mood was helped by low light, there needed to be enough illumination for the memorial to be seen. "Do you know a way we could light this? Torches, perhaps?"

During this, Hotaru and Harper helped to clean and clear the space, not as glamourous jobs, but very important. Once the area was clear, ready to be added to, Bastien approached them both with a wide smile. "Wonderful work. Now." Stepping away for a moment to grasp some buckets of paint, he lifted them to the edge of the memorial. "Perhaps Harper, you could begin to paint? I was thinking it would be best to do a dark blue background, then we will add stars - you will see why shortly."

"And Hotaru, sit with me please." Bastien went to sit cross legged on the cobbles, reaching for his last supply - a pile of thick, cream-coloured parchment. "We will fold these, like this." After handing Hotaru a rag to dry her hands upon, he began to slowly show her a way to crease the paper, mark out lines, until eventually it could be made into a star. "These we will give to people to place within the names of their lost ones. What do you think?"

---
Everyone has another small task! Of course  you may choose to do this however you like, or refuse to do it entirely.
Lil jobs:
Oia'i'o: Grow flowers on the barrier?
Deimos: Make something/find something to light up the memorial?
Harper: Paint the wall dark/add stars
Hotaru: Help Bastien fold paper stars

No order!
your boldness stands alone
among the wreck

Messages In This Thread
light a candle for me - by Bastien - 01-07-2020, 12:54 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Oia'i'o - 01-07-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Harper - 01-08-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Deimos - 01-08-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Hotaru - 01-08-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: light a candle for me - by Bastien - 01-09-2020, 05:43 PM