[SE] One over the Other
For Maea
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Startled to hear him speak of his ascensionist lack of needs, Maea carefully schooled her face to calm indifference, merely nodding her agreement that he ought to go check the place out. She had such trouble understanding this lack of basic needs. What filled the days with meaning if there were no urges to drive him on? Without sleep, how did he feel truly awake? Without sating hunger, was there ever the satisfaction of being full? Maea couldn't imagine it, though she tried; her hands tightened around the reeds and the weaving slowed. She'd never been frightened of Sam before, but this... came too quickly. She loathed the prickle down her spine, but could do nothing to prevent it.

"I've met Remi's Isla," she replied, leaping onto the new subject as though the other burned her tongue, "and I did see Ashetta's unicorn when she fought by the Spire. But, I don't know... Beautiful though they are, I hope when the time comes it's something smaller. I've never been very good at riding, and unicorns are hardly easier to hold on to than ponies." It was not much of a choice, of course. Companions did indeed come to you when the time was right, and usually it was a good match for both parties. If it were to be a unicorn... she would just have to get used to it. Still, it was the connection she had begun to long for. The feeling of not being quite so alone.

When Sam explained the conflict with Jigano, Maea set the beginnings of the basket aside and listened, her attention undivided. As she thought, it had been about the Voice, and she found herself in a difficult position. In essence she agreed with Jigano. She was as devoted to the Old Gods as Sam was to the Voice, and that placed them on opposite ends of a very old conflict. But at the same time... she could not fault him for loving his Goddess. She loved hers, would do anything they asked, so why shouldn't he be loyal to the one he'd chosen? Who'd chosen him.

"I'm sorry," she said, sympathy in her eyes as she reached a hand for his, to give it a gentle squeeze. "I wish I could tell you it will be alright... but I'm not sure that would be true. Jigano can be very stubborn, and in this case..." She chewed her lip, searching for words that would not antagonize him towards her as well.

"The Voice frightens me," she admitted. "I've encountered her twice. Once with you and Wessex, and once just after we went into the Spire. The second time... she half threatened me not to get in the way of her plans, and showed me in close detail what would happen to an Abandoned if the process of ascension failed.

"I'll admit it made me quite biased against her. But... I also can't fault you if you see good in what she does. I love Ludo the same way, after all."

The Herald of Mort was not exactly innocent itself, even though she'd always received kindness from it. Maea shrugged, a little helplessly. It was an impasse, a profound difference in views - hardly anything they would ever truly resolve.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-08-2020, 07:47 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Maea - 01-08-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-10-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Maea - 01-11-2020, 04:07 AM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-12-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Maea - 01-13-2020, 02:32 AM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-14-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Maea - 01-15-2020, 04:38 AM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-16-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Maea - 01-17-2020, 04:53 AM
RE: [SE] One over the Other - by Samuel - 01-18-2020, 08:15 PM