I'm getting tired of starting again
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Reveling in the acceptance, in the unquestioning aid she was offered, Maea considered the options the General suggested as she followed him to the armory. The bow was a hunting tool in her eyes, one she'd never excelled at due to weak arms and lacking endurance - setting traps had been her preferred method, as it saved energy she sorely lacked in those days. Feeling herself grow stronger and healthier now, however, she knew it would be wise to try it again. Similarly, the spear had been a defense against wolves or the occasional boar, but it did seem more weaponlike to her inexperienced eyes. Of course the sword was the ultimate weapon as far as she was concerned, because wasn't that what the heroes of the stories used to slay beasts and defeat their foes?

And stories was really all she had to fall back on, as she balked at the sight of all those weapons. Blunt weapons, sharp weapons, short and long and everything in between, it was an impressive display of mans imagination at it's most inventive - how best to harm their fellow men - and the only ones she recognized were the simple ones. The bow. The spear. Rapiers and heavier swords, daggers... and a plain looking staff that piqued her interest enough to walk over and pick it up. It was lighter than she'd expected, but still heavy enough in her hands, and unadorned, save for metal at the very ends. Turning it over, Maea enjoyed the easy way it swung through the air... but she set it down again soon enough.

"What do you teach to those who just joined your military?" she asked, turning to Deimos. "I honestly don't know anything... starting at the very basics might be better than picking something out now."

No doubt she wouldn't be able to run for more than a few yards without getting winded, let alone swing one of these deadly tools without hurting herself, or seeing her arm fall off.
MAEA
just a glimpse of truth
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-09-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-10-2020, 01:44 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-11-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-12-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-14-2020, 12:59 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-15-2020, 04:54 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-17-2020, 05:11 AM
RE: I'm getting tired of starting again - by Maea - 01-19-2020, 04:01 AM