Knock, Knock, Knocking on Death's Door
For Abasi
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
It was not the answer she had wanted, nor the answer she had expected, and her fingers gripped the box she held tightly enough that her knuckles turned white. Why was everything such a struggle? Why did everyone have to fight her at every turn and bend? Yes, but or No, but, always but. For once, just once, could someone just agree? Her lips pressed together in a thin line as her eyes closed, taking a breath in an attempt to steady her emotions, if only to keep herself from completely losing her cool.

"The college is not particularly interested in learning how to handle the dead at this time, and the way in which the College teaches and researches is led by the truths revealed to us by Frey. To question this knowledge is to question that which the gods created." she said a bit sharply - uncharacteristically sharply even, given how even tempered the midwife usually was. But she swallowed a lump her her throat, deep brown eyes staring hard and an invisible something on the floor just passed Abasi. "But...I understand. Keeping people alive does give you less business I suppose and would therefore not be in your best interest. My apologies." she said quietly, voice tight. Gods, why did everything have to be a fight. "It is a shame we cannot help each other though." she added softly.
those who are heartless once cared too much
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knock, Knock, Knocking on Death's Door - by Phoebe - 01-20-2020, 09:49 PM