Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DEVRUM
When feasible, one should always eat the rude.
Devrum listened as he guided them to the desired position. Hardship wasn't something foreign to Devrum, his body held plenty of markings that told a different his story of surviving several. Though he wasn't much of the coddling or comforting type, he understood.

"Here is good."

He gruffed as he motioned for Remi to lower the beam onto the ground so Devrum could lift on his end for placement. If he had done so, Devrum would push it up to straighten.

"Hold her steady boy."

Orders grumbled as he went in search for a hammer and support beams to keep it in place while the young man would be charged to making sure it didn't fall and squash anything in its perimeter, mainly himself.

"My father was head of the farmlands in Northwind, third generation."

Devrum recalled with a grunt here and there as he hammered the support beams, motioning with his hand for Remi to let go.

"Hard worker, nothing came easy for us...he was charged with the produce and the lives of the folks that helped him grow it. Still managed to maintain a marriage and care for a sickly, sorry sack of shit of a son..."

He voice softened slightly toward the end as he mentioned himself, clearing his throat he'd look at Remi.

"Come on over here."

Motioning to the squatted position in front of himself, he'd wait for Remi to listen before continuing.

"Looks like I'm just hammering these supports for the sake of it, but it's all in the positioning. You miscalculate one angle and everything is fucked."

His arm would reach around Remi and point to where he wanted to hit the nails.

"You want to strike around here, the leverage will only support the beam's placement. Alright? Go on, you do the rest, I'll keep watch..."

Devrum stood, arms crossed as he made sure Remi had listened, prepared to make corrections in needed.

"I was a sickly thing, bones lacked strength, muscles withered from lack of use...spent most of my youth being wheeled around or on crutches. My father though, never made me feel like any less of a man for it. I was there, watching, helping where I could to support the family.

He was a good man. Far better than I deserved...can't say he would have approved of what I've done since his passing but...I'd hope he'd understand why I did what I did."

It wasn't abundantly clear to Devrum how much Remi knew of him, of his incarceration and the acts that landed him there, but there wasn't a need to go into it if he wasn't asked.

"Suppose he would be approving this though...everything we had he built with his own hands."

Devrum recalled with a small flicker of a smile before looking over to Remi and checking his progress with a pat of his back, the first pat was firmer than he intended, though the other was gentler against the young man's back.

"Did you have family in Northhaven? Before it all gone to shit...?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lions, and Bonding, and Bears Oh My... - by Devrum - 12-13-2018, 07:20 PM