Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DEVRUM
When feasible, one should always eat the rude.
"We all done some kind of shit we ain't proud of. Ain't no one entirely good. Someone goes about claiming those kind of things, is the one you need to be looking out for. Never trust anyone who ain't got their hands dirty. Means they've made a habit of getting other people to do it for them."

That much Devrum knew. It was perhaps why he hated nobility, and a bulk of the Northhaven society, and preferred isolating himself in the farmlands. The city was littered with hypocrisy. 'Good men, Good women' he scoffed at the notion. Opportunistic, like any other person placed in a position of power, that's what described them best.

As Remi proceeded to go on about his shit luck, Devrum couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry...just...sounds fucked up."

He attempted to reason, shaking his head with some laughter.

"Never put much faith in the belief that I wasn't in control of my own life. Good or bad, to know there is something or someone else out there fucking around with us though...I don't like it."

A side-eyed glance was given to the young alchemist when he spoke of his love for Vervain and being happy to help along with building her home. He simply nodded in agreement. Vervain was easy to love. She was warm and strong and just knew how to hold you to make you feel safe. Even for Devrum, who made a habit of being overprotective, and never paid much mind for his own safety, found security in her arms some nights as she groomed his hair with her fingers.

"I hate change."

Devrum muttered, staring into nothing really before looking at his bowl as he picked at his food.

"Always did. Change never brought me much of anything that did me any favors. Change took my dad, brought me to a hell I never expected to survive. Brought me to a new world that ended up as fucked as the first...change...fuckin hate it...least, thought I did. Change also brought me Vai. Gave me a wife, a daughter...brought me here, gave me a chance to make something of my life. Brought me you. You're the most significant person in her life that ain't blood related. Not that it matters to her."

A large chunk of chili had gone down the wrong pipe, but Devrum wrestled it down with a beat against his chest. Easing his breathing with a burp that sounded other-worldly. Like beast and man became one.

"Said you were cursed by these fuckers of faith right? The hell did they do to you? Don't seem that much worse for wear."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lions, and Bonding, and Bears Oh My... - by Devrum - 01-16-2019, 05:40 PM