Just good business
for Phoebe
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
The sound of voices echoed through the building, reverberating and multiplying between stone walls in a chorus that made Maea think of prayers. It was a massive structure she had walked past a hundred times throughout her life and never paid any attention to. But in the year since her disappearance it had been reclaimed by human hands, refurbished and turned into a center for learning. Medical learning, to be precise.

She was thoroughly impressed, and quite intimidated as she followed the guidance of a helpful passerby towards the dean's office, scaling stairs unto the second floor. Unlike the Aetheneum with its dusty silence and sephulcral row of ancient tomes, this place was active. Teeming with life, striving with the simple objective of preserving and understanding life... Similar to her own guild, and so very different. But the building was of course not the real reason her stomach was turning over itself. There were two, very pointed reasons why she had postponed this for as long as she could.

One. She was here to sell her home. A farm she had grown up on, lived by, loved and thought to die on one day. Breaking that unspoken promise of keeping it running, to a family long dead, was painful and saddening and Maea wanted it over with as quickly as possible, before she could change her mind.

Two? Maea had kissed Sunjata.

The second reason she tried to bury as far deep in the back of her mind as memories could go, because the door she stopped to knock on belonged to his wife. To Phoebe. Someone she wanted to think of as a friend. Someone she had betrayed in the worst possible way.

Friends weren't supposed to kiss their friends husbands, after all. That he'd taken the ring off... in the end it meant nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Just good business - by Maea - 01-21-2020, 03:28 AM
RE: Just good business - by Phoebe - 01-21-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Just good business - by Maea - 01-21-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: Just good business - by Phoebe - 01-21-2020, 09:43 PM
RE: Just good business - by Maea - 01-21-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Just good business - by Phoebe - 01-21-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Just good business - by Maea - 01-21-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: Just good business - by Phoebe - 01-21-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: Just good business - by Maea - 01-21-2020, 11:13 PM
RE: Just good business - by Phoebe - 01-28-2020, 01:30 PM