[Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Poking the food around on the plate more than she ate, Maea shrugged at the question. It was one she was used to by now, and she had abbreviated it quite a lot since the first time.

"I was ill for a long time. Nothing so bad that I needed healers, but... it just never let up, you know? I'm used to it, it's been that way most of my life. After that, well... I've been around. Came back from Halo just a few weeks ago. Found the house too messed up to live in." She omitted the part of having disappeared, being gone gods knew where for an entire year, and only coming to as she stepped out of a blizzard on the tundra. It made no sense, she had no answers to why... It was easier to go with the plausible version. Best part? It wasn't even a lie.

As for other places to stay, well... "There would be, if I looked," she admitted. "But between the work I do for my guild and trying to sort out affairs... this is easier. I come back to a meal and a made bed, everything taken care of. I think it's more than fair enough." Hopefully she wasn't making much of an impact on business either. Except hogging one of the rooms. Anything personal between herself and the owner, well... she preferred not to think too deeply on it.

It was decidedly harder to look at Nate, once she knew what he was. But though the tension did not fade, Maea tried to stay pleasant, made an effort to contain the attitude. It was not by choice, rather some instinctual response - like seeing a snake and getting goosebumps - but she was also aware of how unreasonable a reaction it was. Unfair.

Humming in understanding to his reasoning for coming, and accepting the shrugging over Sunjata, the girl dared to look up, pale, near colorless eyes regarding him more closely. The similarities to her acquaintance was really uncanny, but his speech betrayed him, as did a number of small details.

"Have you been in Caido long, then?" she asked. No question if he was Outlander; though he seemed settled enough, there was still that otherness about him. A look in his eyes that suggested he viewed her world differently than the farmers, laborers and merchants that surrounded them.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be - by Maea - 01-25-2020, 04:46 AM