[Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It was easy, automatic to nod in response to her thanks, though the words that came after made him pause, scowl. Not at her, though it wasn’t exactly easy to differentiate, not until he spoke, his voice rough. ”I hate doc- healers like that. It’s just lazy.” He shakes his head and sighs, trying to get rid of the bristling feeling running up his back now, trying to press a kinder smile to his face. For her sake. ”I can promise you, if you ask for my help, I will do everything in my power to help you. And I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeves that no one else has.” He winks then, trying to capitalize on the little bit she’s relaxed to maybe soothe her that much more.

Nate did let his eyes look her over though, looking for anything obvious, albinism aside. She was small, not unhealthy, but... not really healthy either, if he was being honest with himself. There had to be something, some deeper underlying cause.

”A loreseeker?” He cocks his head, eyebrow quirking. Sam was as well, but he’d never heard anything of the pale girl. Probably a symptom of the sickness she’d been talking about, the same one that had kept him from seeing her anywhere else. ”What kinda of things do you want to be working on, once you’re up to snuff?” He asked, leaning over with his elbow on the table and his chin propped up in his hand.

”You know, if you’re interested, the Medical College has some classes every now and then. I don’t know if that really fits into the lore you’re seeking,” He chuckled softly at his own dumb wordplay, ”but if you’re ever interested it’s always open. I spend my time there when I can, so you could just come talk to me.” Now he could at least tell Phoebe he’d been trying to get people in the college, if and when she asked. Though that was a line of thought he cut off quickly, having more than one reason to want to avoid the Dean.

She was right in assuming Nate hadn’t paid any attention to the world around him when he’d first arrived. He’d been overwhelmed, and making poor choices, in bedfellows, in habits, wherever he could really. He still had a little jar with a touch of white powder hidden in Sam’s home, useless to him now, but still kept. It was only recently he’d begun to settle down, into a place, a routine not that that would last much longer.

”I’m glad I’m in the former group then. I’ve always found it easier to go with the flow.” And Caido certainly had a flow, one that had made him stumble once or twice, but that he was generally happy with now. Nate does wonder at her musing, where it’s coming from, but he offers her an answer as earnestly as he can. ”I find it’s a comfort, but... I was ready to step out of my old life anyway. This was just a really convenient chance for me. Not everyone else has it so cut and dry, yknow?”
Nate
I always thought that I'd die young
Make some money, be someone
They all love you when you're gone
But who knew life would be so long?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] Little Bit Better Than I Used To Be - by Nate - 01-27-2020, 10:21 PM