Calling the Dead
Plot Knowledge Turn-in
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
Delphia jolted back with the force of the spirit entering the circle she had created, but it was only the slightest of movements. Their energy was frenetic, frantic, confused, biting and clawing as if ready to fight, swirling without rhyme or reason. Or perhaps with reason, as the Seer felt the rise of energy through the connection beyond, some angry, some reaching in desperation. But this ritual cannot handle such a mass of spirits at once. It is meant for one and one alone. ”I shall come for you sweet ones. Wait and know I am coming.” she called to those beyond, arms wrapped tight around the soul she held, before severing the connection. A sudden wind rushed through the clearing, lantern light trembling and as the rustle of the trees stopped all was silent.

Just Delphia, and the soul she had stolen away.

”Hush now, my sweet, your war is long over. You needn’t fight any longer. Be calm and at peace. I have you, and you are safe.” Delphia cooed lovingly to the spirit, hand stroking where hair might’ve been atop a head. It hurt Delphia deeply to feel their distress, their confusion. It was, in a way, a suffering, a soul so tortured through such means for so long. And how were they? She did not know, but the length of time that had passed could have meant centuries. ”Thank you for your wisdom. Rest, and know his love for you. I will bring your brothers and sisters to you as soon as I am able.” she said, smiling lovingly at the spirit, already reaching towards her father’s realm to send the soul where it could finally rest. ”Please tell my father I will call for him soon. Enjoy your peace, dear one.” she said in parting, knowing to keep the spirit any longer would be to torture it further. From her hands, in a beam of light, all too much like an earth born shooting star, Delphia would send the spirit to Mort.

All was silent then as she stared up where the light of the soul had blinked out as it passed from this realm to her father’s. For a time it was all she could do, frozen in place by what she had seen and heard and experienced. Thin air meant height. Cold, too. Mountains. The Fangs perhaps. But there were other mountains as well, she believed. Mort needed to know this.

And so on shaky limbs the Demi-Goddess pulled herself to her feet, collecting her wares to return to her home, before setting out for the shrine. She could not rest knowing souls suffered so.
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Messages In This Thread
Calling the Dead - by Delphia - 01-21-2020, 05:01 PM
RE: Calling the Dead - by Random Event - 01-21-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Calling the Dead - by Delphia - 01-21-2020, 05:56 PM
RE: Calling the Dead - by Random Event - 01-21-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: Calling the Dead - by Delphia - 01-21-2020, 06:35 PM