and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

"No...it isn't." Sam gently shook his head, not wanting to argue with the distressed man but not wanting to agree to what he knew to be wrong. "I was very alone for a lot of years and it eats at you. Sometimes...it can hurt to meet people and carry on, but...still." He had spent many years staring at the wall by himself, wishing he had someone next to him, dreaming of arms around him or even just someone to pop by and have a chat with every so often. Sam knew that no matter how many people he'd lost, or how they hurt him, he would take it a hundred times over being alone again.

'You just get used to it being there' he supposed was similar to how he felt, enough so that he didn't ask any more about it. Sad, he thought, that one could never really feel love the same way, once someone had gone - he wondered if The Voice would be able to help. Not to forget, but to be able to take the pain out of the memory.

He nodded to confirm that it did help him to talk, when people were willing to listen. It had been a newfound luxury for him in the last couple of years and one that he had thoroughly appreciated being able to use. Sam listened closely to Loren's words about his love, wanting to show he was paying the proper respectful attention. "Oh, yes - I saw the Mortuary open. It's noble work, I think, to take that on. What was it you loved about him?

That Remi had perhaps entered a new stage in his life rather than begun a temporary change...the thought worried Sam. Still, even if Remi did return to the man he knew, he wasn't sure if he'd be forgiven anyway. "Mm..I suppose you could be right."
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?

Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back - by Samuel - 01-27-2020, 10:24 PM